Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Help a brother out please

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,048 Times

Default Help a brother out please

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Maybe @M_C Will stop by and advise how he deals with his essentials PH pen I guess he's been using the same one for four or five years.

Just bought my own one as well. First one what came was faulty. Got 2nd one yesterday seems to be working fine now. Thank fuck. Any tips on care etc to make it last as long as possible. ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uv123_4 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-20), Jingo (18-06-20), Mac (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

I wasnt too sure on the specific deficiency, thats why i said or other but am certain its pH related. Once pH sorted, the mineral will be available again.

All micros are contained in base nutrients. If pH is ok actually, then your nutes arent supplying what is on the tin and need replacing.

Assume all plants receiving same feed Sticky, including the non autoing one?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-20), Jingo (18-06-20), Mac (22-06-20), Uv123_4 (18-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I wasnt too sure on the specific deficiency, thats why i said or other but am certain its pH related. Once pH sorted, the mineral will be available again.

All micros are contained in base nutrients. If pH is ok actually, then your nutes arent supplying what is on the tin and need replacing.

Assume all plants receiving same feed Sticky, including the non autoing one?
    Yess all on the same feed even the non autoing one gardro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

gardro (18-06-20), GEORGE (18-06-20), Jingo (18-06-20), Mac (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Yess all on the same feed even the non autoing one gardro

So even if its not got advanced deficiency it could still have issues flowering. Not to worry anyway bud, lets get the meter checked/calibrated and take it from there.

IIRC when i used essentials, firstly make up your buffer solutions ready, press and hold calibrate place in 7, leave it and it would say place in 4. Sure someone can tell you or look up a pdf of the instructions

Failing that just put in the 4 now and see what it says.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-06-20), Jingo (18-06-20), Mac (22-06-20)

Thanks

So even if its not got advanced deficiency it could still have issues flowering. Not to worry anyway bud, lets get the meter checked/calibrated and take it from there.

IIRC when i used essentials, firstly make up your buffer solutions ready, press and hold calibrate place in 7, leave it and it would say place in 4. Sure someone can tell you or look up a pdf of the instructions

It just calibrates to 7 it's having my pants down haha I'll have look see if I can find the packaging or out online

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

gardro (18-06-20), GEORGE (18-06-20), Jingo (18-06-20), Mac (22-06-20)

Thanks

You were pretty much right mate, after calibrating the 7 within 3 seconds I have to press cal button for buffer 4 and press it once more if I want to choose buffer 10.
    I just done a feed then aswell but least I can finally do it proper now.

Yano them instructions us men tend to not bother with. They can be helpful some times

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

gardro (18-06-20), GEORGE (18-06-20), Jingo (19-06-20), Mac (22-06-20)

Thanks

I feel like the yellowing and chlorosis is still happening. I'm abit stumped on what to think.

I'm sure my ph pen should be perfect now and to double check I've ordered new buffer 4 and 7 to make sure.

I've only learnt about chlorosis the last few days since jingo mentioned it. I've had a good read up on it and I'm still going to continue to.

I feel like the ph should be fine now

I can't see it being N deficiency as the back two plants have always looked well fed and have had nice colour but it's still present on them girl

I don't think it should be cal/mag as these have been getting plenty of cal/mag in feed from the start.

Currently getting, back ground EC 0.2 then I take that to EC 0.6 with cal/mag. Then To EC 0.9 with the A+B

I still don't know to much but From what I have read I'm thinking along the lines of sulphur, iron or potassium. I could be totally wrong as I'm just starting to learn more about this. I don't know guys but something ain't right or something is missing. Maybe it could be more than one thing. Still got plenty to read and learn, just hopefully I get there eventually.

I'll get the ph pen doubled checked but I'm sure it currently should be fine. The two furthest in flower are effected the most And from what I see I think its Mainly more at the top half of the plants. It ain't to be at the moment but I feel it's only going to go down hill from here

Last edited by Stickysticky; 22-06-20 at 02:14 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-06-20), GEORGE (22-06-20), Jingo (22-06-20), Mac (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

So you have ruled out nitrogen deficiency and in using the cal mag you've also ruled out iron. So zinc and manganese are also very important to keeping the leaves green they tend to affect your middle and oldest leaves first.

You should take a look at your nutrients and find out which bottle gives you the most of the micros including especially metallic minerals.

Not making any fertilization recommendations, just suggesting you learn everything you've been putting in your plants as a way of ruling out certain deficiencies.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-06-20), GEORGE (22-06-20), Mac (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Oops I kind of ignored your sulfur idea, usually that occurs mostly on the new growth although I think it is slightly mobile there's one of those is slightly mobile.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-06-20), GEORGE (22-06-20), Mac (22-06-20), Stickysticky (22-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

N, P, K, Mg and S are considered mobile: they can move up and down the plant in both xylem and phloem.
    Deficiency appears on old leaves first.

Ca, Fe, Zn, Mo, B, Cu, Mn are considered immobile: they only move up the plant in the xylem.
    Deficiency appears on new leaves first.
    Last edited by Mac; 22-06-20 at 02:23 PM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

gardro (22-06-20), GEORGE (22-06-20), Jingo (22-06-20), Stickysticky (22-06-20)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast