Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quality Tent brands ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

I am using a Hydroshoot which is the budget line of the Hydro Labs. It's been roughly 2 years and it is still nearly good as new. I am not rough with it, but neither do I treat it with kid gloves. It's a brand I would definitely look at again when I upgrade... like... eventually.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), Mac (01-06-20), M_C (01-06-20), UkMedicalGrower (03-06-20), Villan89 (28-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    Haha call me crazy but I want mine to work out of the box!

sent from space
    Even some of the more expience one's have pin holes, almost impossible to buy A tent that doesn't have A few.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (01-06-20), UkMedicalGrower (03-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    Haha call me crazy but I want mine to work out of the box!

sent from space
    Well that would exclude Secret Jardin
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), Mac (13-06-20), sourshoes (01-06-20), UkMedicalGrower (03-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    As the title suggests I'm wondering what are the best tents on the market at the minute ? The main thing I'm looking for is sturdy poles not the weak thin ones .. and the quality of the zips and just overall build in general as I don't want to be swapping out cheap tents every year or so .. preferably 2x2 or 3x3 something along those dimensions or anything you think suitable for a 350w Led
    BudBox is one of the best brands..I’ve had one before(1.2) an just bought another 2 of them to start another grow!they have really thick poles..the tent doesn’t wobble at all, the material the tent is made out of is better than any I’ve ever seen, no light leaks, I’ve got my GN Telos 0010 300w LED that is really heavy..the tent doesn’t move at all.
    Last edited by Beginnergrower; 13-06-20 at 06:19 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beginnergrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-06-20), Mac (13-06-20), Valentina (02-12-20), Villan89 (28-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,962 Times

Used 2 bay 6 tents and a green qube so far, all have been sound but I'd choose green qube over the others for the thicker poles and better quality feel

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-06-20), Mac (13-06-20), Valentina (02-12-20)

Thanks

Bloomroom tents are quality, zips are big and tough, no light leaks, plenty of vents, metal poles, comes with moveable hanging poles and a window on each side to look inside without opening the tent, drip tray.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justeatit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-20), Mac (16-06-20), M_C (16-06-20), Valentina (02-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Beginnergrower View Post
    BudBox is one of the best brands...
    I have just got a Bud Box as well and am well impressed. I got the "Pro" version so the zip pulls are reinforced, they have double socks for the cable and vents, and the poles and corners are metal and quite strong, even colour compensated viewing panels. This is definitely a step up from the Hydroshoot. Even the fabric feels stronger. I am not totally 100% with the zips, but the tents come with extra flaps to seal in the light. No pinholes and no leaks in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    As the title suggests I'm wondering what are the best tents on the market at the minute ? The main thing I'm looking for is sturdy poles not the weak thin ones .. and the quality of the zips and just overall build in general as I don't want to be swapping out cheap tents every year or so .. preferably 2x2 or 3x3 something along those dimensions or anything you think suitable for a 350w Led
    Am just wondering how you are getting on

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-20), IceCalibur (02-12-20), MrC (02-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,777 Times

As an owner of a Gorilla tent I can tell you what is great about them and what isn't. For sturdiness of build, they are miles better than anything else I have tried, the thickness of material ensures no pinholes, the poles are very sturdy and will support all and everything you would need to hang inside. Down side of this is even quite large carabiners wont clip through them. The zippers are super strong, but the design of the door lets them down, I had to add some extra velcro to mine to get it light tight at bottom and top of doorway.
    They are tall, nearly seven feet, with an optional height extension, this is a great feature if you're plants go big on you. They are expensive mine cost almost £300 for 90x 90x 210 cm however as it will last for years to come it was probably worth the extra cash.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zen Archer For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (02-12-20), Doink (25-07-21), GEORGE (02-12-20), IceCalibur (02-12-20), Valentina (03-12-20), Villan89 (28-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I have just got a Bud Box as well and am well impressed. I got the "Pro" version so the zip pulls are reinforced, they have double socks for the cable and vents, and the poles and corners are metal and quite strong, even colour compensated viewing panels. This is definitely a step up from the Hydroshoot. Even the fabric feels stronger. I am not totally 100% with the zips, but the tents come with extra flaps to seal in the light. No pinholes and no leaks in mine.

Am just wondering how you are getting on
    Well I am all up and running now but I must say am nothing but disappointed with the bud box Pro, the only thing I can recommend about it is the fact it's solid as anything whole tent comes in at 26 kilos with all the supporting bars but that's where the joy ends I'm afraid, the zips have to be among the worst I've ever tried to use on anything, not sure if im just being thick but the connection on the front is soo flimsy I can never get it to connect to the little silver bit it the bottom so just been bodging it ever since not ideal with photos and I've also noticed 1000s of pinholes if I'm stood in the dark with just my hps on I can see lots of light dots, gonna have to get inside the tent when lights out and blast some good torches outside see if any light actually comes in.. Overall for the money I could not recommend, I remember years and years ago having a cheap Chinese thing think was about £79 and honestly think I would of preferred another one of those, if it werent for the fact I'd already unpacked and built the thing I would of sent it back but it's bloody big package to start messing about returning etc.. Overall I'd probably have to give it a 2/10 for now I'm definitely expecting problems to arise with the photoperiods I've had my heart set on so already chucked in a couple autos just incase.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-20), Valentina (03-12-20)

Thanks

Also I think 2x 600whps in there with parobolic reflectors is going to be a very tight squeeze not sure why exactly when I've managed to comfortably fit 2 ina smaller footprint before but at the moment only have 1 set up, looking into more supporting bars or something because at the moment I just can't make it work for my needs IMHO I think if you were considering this tent maybe go for 2 smaller ones if you can afford the extra ventilation, certainly wish I did. Could of arranged 2 or 3 small tents very nice and nearly as apposed to this thing

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-12-20), Valentina (03-12-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast