Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smart Plugs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,917 Times

Default Smart Plugs

So I've just stumbled across these and thought "that's an absolute dream for growing" so I thought I'd share them with you guys.

Just incase the link gets removed - amazon dot com search: smart plugs - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...sparkle_asin_0

That's not an affiliate link btw. I get fuck all if you buy one.

Anyway......

You can connect to them via wifi I think and control them from your phone or Alexa (if you have one)

This means if you're away and someone rings to say theres a leak, you can switch your pumps off from miles away. Or check your lights are on. Or even switch your bubbler on an hour or so before you want to water your plants from the couch!

Maybe it's just me being excited with my shiny object syndrome but I think it's quite useful.

Thoughts?

Sent from KDs Noggin

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KrazyDave For This Useful Post:

gardro (01-06-20), GEORGE (01-06-20), Mac (01-06-20), Shreder (01-06-20)

Thanks

i have been looking into this for my new set up. i am also looking for a wifi hygrometre. would be able to control airflow and temps that way.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kezza9119 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), KrazyDave (01-06-20), Mac (01-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,136 Times

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyDave View Post
    So I've just stumbled across these and thought "that's an absolute dream for growing" so I thought I'd share them with you guys.

Just incase the link gets removed - amazon dot com search: smart plugs - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...sparkle_asin_0

That's not an affiliate link btw. I get fuck all if you buy one.

Anyway......

You can connect to them via wifi I think and control them from your phone or Alexa (if you have one)

This means if you're away and someone rings to say theres a leak, you can switch your pumps off from miles away. Or check your lights are on. Or even switch your bubbler on an hour or so before you want to water your plants from the couch!

Maybe it's just me being excited with my shiny object syndrome but I think it's quite useful.

Thoughts?

Sent from KDs Noggin
    I just found these on ebuyer
    TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip 3-Outlets - Works with Google and Alexa
    also has 2 USB £29.98
    On eBay they are going for £44.99 plus

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), Mac (01-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Couldn't live now without home automation in & out of the groom.

When an electrician came and found cat 5 cables only at at light switch he said he was out of his depth

Just hope we dont get hacked #stuxnet lols

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), Herbitual (01-06-20), Jumper114 (01-06-20), Mac (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

I run a Meross 4 way smart strip wifi, can control it from an app or widget on my phones home screen, or can use my Alexa to control it.

I have my fan speed controller and 2 280w lights connected to it, handles em all fine switching all on/off at once or individually. You can set timers and routines on the app and control multiple devices from it.

Handy hint keep it outside the tent and run your plugs to it, makes for a better signal reception. Found I had connection drop outs with it inside, presume it was the mylar interfering with the signal.

I need to get a second one soon to get all my fans on. Remote kill switch for emergency silent running

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

gardro (01-06-20), GEORGE (01-06-20), Kezza9119 (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Couldn't live now without home automation in & out of the groom.

When an electrician came and found cat 5 cables only at at light switch he said he was out of his depth

Just hope we dont get hacked #stuxnet lols
    Gardro - "Shit lads got hacked last night."
    The Talk - "oh no they get much? bank? pron stash? incriminating pics of THAT party with the badgers "
    Gardro - "no lads worse..... they turned my bedroom light on and off all bloody night!! haven't slept a wink! "

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

gardro (01-06-20), GEORGE (01-06-20), Herbitual (01-06-20), KrazyDave (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    The Talk - "oh no they get much? bank? pron stash? incriminating pics of THAT party with the badgers "
    Gardro - "no lads worse..... they turned my bedroom light on and off all bloody night!! haven't slept a wink! "

Reminds me of one of my favourite comedians, Stephen Wright (the American....not the UK radio DJ)

I can't remember the exact words but:

"I had a light switch which didn't seem to do anything. I used to flick it up and down. One day, I received a letter from a woman in Belgium asking me to stop."
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), Mac (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Thats great man. Will get this or similar after completing automating all my runoff

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post

Can you imagine that, i mean they could modulate the flickering with a subliminal message that makes me go even more nuts or vote brexit or something.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-06-20), KrazyDave (01-06-20), Mac (01-06-20), The Solyom (02-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

I also use Meros - could not be without!!!
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast