Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: I've been LED astray

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    2,158
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,586 Posts

    Default I've been LED astray

    Hey guys
    Not been posting much lately, been very busy working away. So busy, I've actually managed to buy a new light. Finally I've gone LED.
    I've splurged on a Geeklight ( yes I know, china boo hiss) Geekbeast 630.
    It's a 6 bar set up, dimmable through Bluetooth or WiFi and is huge 120x110 footprint. The plants are responding well, been under 600mh for 2 weeks prior and flipped 9 days ago, under the mh and then the led since Friday. The plants are responding well and temps have dropped from 33c with two evaporative coolers running to 28c with no coolers. I have started them on 50% power and now up to 70%.
    The light spread is amazing, as it should be with bar set up. They are 12 inch above canopy and I have an extra 8 inch vertical height if need be as the profile is far less than my vertical parabolic. Also I have a air comfort sensor, I feel all technologically advanced now.
    The plants have been drinking well, drying sooner than under the mh, so I've reduced feed strength and started with the cal mag as I've seen recommended.
    Currently 9 plants under it, 6 cheese, one godberry, and two of my own seed crosses.
    The plants are responding well so far, the lights are doing what I hoped they would regarding bringing temps down and I'm fairly certain I'm gonna match my yield on the 600hps with it.
    There are very few reviews about geeklight, so basically it's a big gamble £700 almost, but it sounds like it's just the one for me. I'm restricted by access space so a hlg550 sized board wouldn't fit through the hole, the geekbeast is modular and the bars all click together meaning it was able to fit fine.
    Whatever happens I'm certain that whatever yield I get, it will beat having to shut down until after the summer heat has gone as there's no way I could grow at all.

    Here's to a bumper harvest.
    I'll post pics later
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

    Bassman 2 (08-06-20), Bigdaddy 101 (01-06-20), gardro (01-06-20), hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Lowrollerbean (01-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), M_C (01-06-20), redisiel (01-06-20), sourshoes (01-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    De Pijp
    Posts
    8,960
    Thanks
    22,782
    Thanked 35,306 Times in 8,585 Posts

    Default

    Look forward the pics Prime. Bar / strip set ups are optimum in my opinion and the way the real high end lights have gone.

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    Bigdaddy 101 (03-06-20), hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Lowrollerbean (01-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), prime (01-06-20), redisiel (01-06-20), sourshoes (01-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  5. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    2,158
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,586 Posts

    Default

    Thanks mate
    Whilst I'm sure it's not of fluence build quality, it's really cool. I can control it using WiFi and Bluetooth, and this with my air comfort sensor I feel like I've gone space age.
    I've had a quick measure with the lux meter on my phone and it's fairly damn even coverage, which the light is purpurted to be, with its uneven spaced light bars.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_184035.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	383836
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_184057.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	383837
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_184035.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	383836
    This is basically going to be a test of its flowering capability, as the plants had vegged and been flipped prior to installation. I wish it was a little smaller in footprint as I was running two 600s up there so now I have a 2ft x 4ft area not covered, which the plants will stretch into before long.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

    Bigdaddy 101 (03-06-20), gardro (01-06-20), hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Lowrollerbean (01-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), redisiel (01-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  7. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    2,158
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,586 Posts

    Default

    They are the 3500k and the spectrum is so much easier on my eyes than the hps

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

    gardro (01-06-20), hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  9. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    2,158
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,586 Posts

    Default

    They are the 3500k and the spectrum is so much easier on my eyes than the hps. The plants will also be scrogged over when they get tall enough, you can see the frame in place. It's great I have so much more headroom now and the plants are all lit equally well

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

    gardro (01-06-20), hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  11. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    2,158
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,586 Posts

    Default

    They are the 3500k and the spectrum is so much easier on my eyes than the hps. The plants will also be scrogged over when they get tall enough, you can see the frame in place. It's great I have so much more headroom now and the plants are all lit equally well
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_184602.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	383838

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

    Bigdaddy 101 (03-06-20), gardro (01-06-20), hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  13. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    De Pijp
    Posts
    8,960
    Thanks
    22,782
    Thanked 35,306 Times in 8,585 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Thanks mate
    Whilst I'm sure it's not of fluence build quality, it's really cool. I can control it using WiFi and Bluetooth, and this with my air comfort sensor I feel like I've gone space age.
    I've had a quick measure with the lux meter on my phone and it's fairly damn even coverage, which the light is purpurted to be, with its uneven spaced light bars.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_184035.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	383836
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_184057.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	383837
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_184035.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	383836
    This is basically going to be a test of its flowering capability, as the plants had vegged and been flipped prior to installation. I wish it was a little smaller in footprint as I was running two 600s up there so now I have a 2ft x 4ft area not covered, which the plants will stretch into before long.
    Very nice looks decent build quality to be fair to it. Not a hot spot in sight

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), prime (01-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  15. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    53,792
    Thanks
    142,600
    Thanked 151,251 Times in 43,377 Posts

    Default

    That's one beast of a light
    "The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
    (Dalai Lama)

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

    gardro (01-06-20), hotshot (01-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), prime (01-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,030
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 484 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Hey guys
    Not been posting much lately, been very busy working away. So busy, I've actually managed to buy a new light. Finally I've gone LED.
    I've splurged on a Geeklight ( yes I know, china boo hiss) Geekbeast 630.
    It's a 6 bar set up, dimmable through Bluetooth or WiFi and is huge 120x110 footprint. The plants are responding well, been under 600mh for 2 weeks prior and flipped 9 days ago, under the mh and then the led since Friday. The plants are responding well and temps have dropped from 33c with two evaporative coolers running to 28c with no coolers. I have started them on 50% power and now up to 70%.
    The light spread is amazing, as it should be with bar set up. They are 12 inch above canopy and I have an extra 8 inch vertical height if need be as the profile is far less than my vertical parabolic. Also I have a air comfort sensor, I feel all technologically advanced now.
    The plants have been drinking well, drying sooner than under the mh, so I've reduced feed strength and started with the cal mag as I've seen recommended.
    Currently 9 plants under it, 6 cheese, one godberry, and two of my own seed crosses.
    The plants are responding well so far, the lights are doing what I hoped they would regarding bringing temps down and I'm fairly certain I'm gonna match my yield on the 600hps with it.
    There are very few reviews about geeklight, so basically it's a big gamble £700 almost, but it sounds like it's just the one for me. I'm restricted by access space so a hlg550 sized board wouldn't fit through the hole, the geekbeast is modular and the bars all click together meaning it was able to fit fine.
    Whatever happens I'm certain that whatever yield I get, it will beat having to shut down until after the summer heat has gone as there's no way I could grow at all.

    Here's to a bumper harvest.
    I'll post pics later
    You doing a grow diary bud?
    I am interested in switching to LED,but I'm less willing to gamble that cash than you are lol,I'm looking to see results before I take the plunge and go balls deep.

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scootb For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (02-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), prime (02-06-20), Valentina (02-06-20)

  19. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,563
    Thanks
    438,153
    Thanked 44,549 Times in 12,285 Posts

    Default

    Give me A week Scootb, and I will give you A weight report, on these Cob's I'm running.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

    jingo (02-06-20), Mac (02-06-20), prime (02-06-20), scootb (03-06-20)

  21. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    2,158
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,586 Posts

    Default

    Yes mate I will do, just need to finish my current diary. I've been taking pics so I'll start one soon so you can see just how badly I've been conned ; )

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (03-06-20), jingo (02-06-20), Mac (03-06-20), scootb (03-06-20)

  23. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,030
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 484 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Yes mate I will do, just need to finish my current diary. I've been taking pics so I'll start one soon so you can see just how badly I've been conned ; )
    I'm hoping it goes amazingly well for you bud,did you veg with the MH because you didn't have the LED setup for veg or preferred the MH?

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scootb For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (03-06-20), Mac (03-06-20), prime (03-06-20)

  25. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,576
    Thanks
    2,158
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,586 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scootb View Post
    I'm hoping it goes amazingly well for you bud,did you veg with the MH because you didn't have the LED setup for veg or preferred the MH?
    Ive only had the led since friday, so veg was under my old halide unit.
    I'm glad to have the led for flowering as that's what we all care about isn't it, the flower power.
    All is well, stretch is stretchy. The plants all look great, the fact they all have light and are not in shade or high heat is great.
    Temps today have been no higher than 25c but upto 70% rh, so not ideal vpd. I'll try some adjustments to the air intake tomorrow and see how that effects the heat and hum.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200603_183607.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	383989

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (03-06-20), scootb (03-06-20)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States