Thread: Waterfarm GE noise level

Thanks

Default Waterfarm GE noise level

I was going to do a DWC system but my plant is going to in my bedroom with me and the pump seems pretty noisy. I like to look of the waterfarm GE system. I was wondering if anyone knows what the noise level is like. Is it a little pump submerged in the nutrients ?
    Many Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marky2809 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20)

Thanks

If its the same as the GHE waterfarm, pot inside pot, clay pebbles and dripper ring? then its a air pump. I have no idea how loud the one in the kit is but there are lots of ways to quiet them down. if its a cheapo one that is rattley then go to a reputable tropical fish shop and buy a quality pump that has good enough output and is designed to be silent. ask to hear it running before you buy it.

looking at the kit what you seem to get is 2 plastic buckets (1 with holes in) some plastic pipe (with some holes in) and a air pump. most of the cost of the kit seems to be tied into the cost of the pump. if your gonna replace the pump then the price of the kit seems a lot for 2 buckets and some pipe with holes in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Muttz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20)

Thanks

Thanks. You're right about the price. I'm just getting it because it's convenient. I have a little water pump which is really really quiet, so I might replace the airpump for the little water pump if the noise bothers me. I suppose the issue after time could be that the water pump might become a heigene issue. I'll explore the aquarium solution too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marky2809 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20)