Thread: Is something wrong with my plant?

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Default Is something wrong with my plant?

Hi guys,

This is my second time attempting to grow autoflower.
    The first attempt was a complete fail the entire way and this time I've tried to learn from a few of the mistakes.
    However, being a complete novice I need some advice please.

I have a diesel automatic autoflower. Started off in just coco peat with a quarter strength nutrient watering. I have a 300w LED light in a small 0.8x0.8x1.6 tent.

The plant is currently around 16 days old. I moved it into biobizz all mix yesterday after reading on the problems with coco. The leaves have been light green and droopy. When they started to dry out and turn slightly yellow at the ends I have since raised my led light to about 60cm above the plant.

A couple of the leaves have actually torn but I can't believe that's down to myself as I've hardly touched the plant.

If anyone could give me any advice going forward or if I should just start again?

Thankyou Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200603_114448.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	383962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200603_085904.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	383963

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ayupmehduck For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Greengrass (03-06-20), Jingo (03-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

They might perk up in the new soil you have them in, watch out for over-watering. If you were still in Coco a I would have you feed more right now, but now that you're in soil I would hold off. And be very careful about potential over watering because they do look a little over watered to me.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Greengrass (03-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Coco is an excellent growing medium, coco mixed with peat really requires a higher skill level. The peat tends to require some buffering so the nutrient companies are always messing around putting a few nutrients and buffers in that you have to consider when it's time for you to feed.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Greengrass (03-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ayupmehduck View Post
    Hi guys,

This is my second time attempting to grow autoflower.
    The first attempt was a complete fail the entire way and this time I've tried to learn from a few of the mistakes.
    However, being a complete novice I need some advice please.

I have a diesel automatic autoflower. Started off in just coco peat with a quarter strength nutrient watering. I have a 300w LED light in a small 0.8x0.8x1.6 tent.

The plant is currently around 16 days old. I moved it into biobizz all mix yesterday after reading on the problems with coco. The leaves have been light green and droopy. When they started to dry out and turn slightly yellow at the ends I have since raised my led light to about 60cm above the plant.

A couple of the leaves have actually torn but I can't believe that's down to myself as I've hardly touched the plant.

If anyone could give me any advice going forward or if I should just start again?

Thankyou Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200603_114448.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	140.9 KB 
ID:	383962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200603_085904.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	383963
    Just hang in there, quite often I check on my plant and every single leaf and branch is dropped right down as if it’s dead but it’s just usually too hot or cold, and needing a drink, they are super sensitive to things. I give her some water and cool her down (or heat her up) and 30 mins later she’s back lookkng awesome! Really weird behaviour!
    Last edited by High Land Lad; 05-06-20 at 08:20 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-06-20)