Thread: Ecothrive coco lite and Magic ph nutrients ?

Thanks

Default Ecothrive coco lite and Magic ph nutrients ?

Has anyone used Ecothrive coco lite before ? 70/30 perlite seems ideal what I'm looking for but not much information or review I can find ..

On another note I was wondering if these magic ph nutes are actually just that ? Like the advanced nutes range sensi grow , sensi bloom etc claim there's no need to ever check or balance ph as they're nutes do it all them self's .. is there any truth to this ? Excuse the 2 questions in 1 thought I'd save flooding the forums

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Mac (03-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

PH is critical in coco, I certainly wouldn't be comfortable not checking it and just trusting the nutes. Even if it did exactly what it says on the tin, I'd still be checking each time or ya askin for trouble imo

Only takes one time for it to be off to fuck up a lot of hard work.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Karsa (03-06-20), UkMedicalGrower (03-06-20)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

PH changes with heat and exposure to light so even if the nutes claimed it you'll still need to control it once there's heat applied

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), Mac (03-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    PH changes with heat and exposure to light so even if the nutes claimed it you'll still need to control it once there's heat applied

" in short, as long as your water falls between 4.5 and 8.5 pH (which is pretty much everyone’s water) – this technology adjusts your pH for you and keeps it buffered there throughout your plants’ entire life cycle!
    Which means you’ll never have to manually adjust your pH "

That's what the manafucturers of the advanced nutrients range claim with sensi grow and the other ranges ..
    So I should just completely disregard that and monitor and adjust the ph myself ? I'm obviously planning on monitoring it and ec levels but just didn't want to be messing about with Ph up and down etc like I used to years ago ..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20)

Thanks

Oh don't worry I deffo plan on checking and monitoring I just dint want to have to mess about having to add in the ph up and down powders and everything to my nute solution before I could even use it , I'm very sceptical of these 'perfect ph' products as they call them but if they do the job and regulate pg throughout growth as they claim then they might have to be a go

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    Oh don't worry I deffo plan on checking and monitoring I just dint want to have to mess about having to add in the ph up and down powders and everything to my nute solution before I could even use it , I'm very sceptical of these 'perfect ph' products as they call them but if they do the job and regulate pg throughout growth as they claim then they might have to be a go
    There's no harm in checking and if not required several times then just spot check every so often

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-20), UkMedicalGrower (03-06-20)