Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED advice

Thanks

Default LED advice

Hi everyone, been a while since I've been on this site, hope everyone is well.

I've currently got a 2.4 square setup (tapered the top to suit loft rafters, 4 plants, and a 600w.

The past few grows I've suffered some fox tailing, I thought it was maybe the strain but I'm beginning to think it's the heat from the 600. I think it's roughly 3ft off the top of the plants now, that's the max I can get.

I was considering changing to led for summer grows for less heat in the tent.

What Led lights would use recommend for that area that will give me decent enough coverage? And also decent quality builds that aren't going to burn the house down lol

Cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrLearner For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

600w hps in a 2.4 sqm
    3ft away
    Too hot..

Ur doing something wrong mate

And better invest in a Quantum Board

Current grow

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...-Covid-19-Grow

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20)

Thanks

You need like a thousand watts of qbs to light your space

Current grow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20)

Thanks

Hi MrLearner

I can only go by my own experience.

Last year I bought one from diyleduk. It's made up of 6x2' Samsung strips and draws about 420w. It was quite expensive at £500 ish but works well and is very cool running.

However, it is a little bit undersized for my 4'x4' tent and feel it would be ideal for a 3'x3'. So I've decided I'm going to build one using the info available at ledgardener for my 2nd 4'x4' tent. I will use 4x4' Samsung F series strips and a Mean Well 480H-48A Driver. It will draw just over 500w and I can space the strips to evenly cover the space. Should be able to do it for about £400.

Hope this helps

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bassman 2 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20), Mac (07-06-20), Shreder (07-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman 2 View Post
    Hi MrLearner

Last year I bought one from diyleduk. It's made up of 6x2' Samsung strips and draws about 420w. It was quite expensive at £500 ish but works well and is very cool running.

However, it is a little bit undersized for my 4'x4' tent and feel it would be ideal for a 3'x3'. So I've decided I'm going to build one using the info available at ledgardener for my 2nd 4'x4' tent. I will use 4x4' Samsung F series strips and a Mean Well 480H-48A Driver. It will draw just over 500w and I can space the strips to evenly cover the space. Should be able to do it for about £400.

Hope this helps
    A 240w qb will be stronger, and cheaper.

Current grow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (07-06-20), GEORGE (07-06-20)

Thanks

Yeahs its definitely too hot, think I maybe got away with it in the past because the fans were blowing across the canopy but they packed in and I never bothered replacing them. Fans are in now but still looking at Led change over.

I'll take a look at the boards and the Ledbuilds for some ideas. I'm not too handy with electrics, what is like to setup etc? Obv trying to make the risk of fires or fuck ups as little as possible

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrLearner For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20), Mac (07-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman 2 View Post
    Hi MrLearner

Hope this helps
    Your light should be a decent light and on par with v1/v2 QB watt for watt, i wouldnt think it needs replacing yet

Have you looked at the Samsung Horticulture strips, think they come in 2 foot i think

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Bassman 2 (07-06-20), Bigdaddy 101 (07-06-20), GEORGE (07-06-20), Mac (07-06-20), MrLearner (07-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post

Current grow

Hi Shreder

What price are we talking and from where?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bassman 2 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20), Mac (07-06-20), MrLearner (07-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Shreder View Post

Current grow

Wont cover a 4x4 on its own in flower, would need 2, the bar lights will be better and cheaper than 2x240s, The Samsung F series strips are top notch and will be a cracking light allowing uniform coverage at really low distance from the canopy (under a foot) without burning or bleaching like the QB's would at the same distance.

Strip bar leds are the next progression up from the QB's. I run 2 of the qbs in a 4x4 my self. Cracking lights, but the tech is moving on. HLG have something in the works real soon I believe regards bars, it may even be out already I haven't checked lately

The light in the video is a great example, shows how the tech is moving
    Last edited by Mac; 07-06-20 at 12:49 PM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

gardro (07-06-20), GEORGE (07-06-20), Lowrollerbean (07-06-20), MrLearner (07-06-20)

Thanks

There's someone on ebay who sells the qb builds, they look and sound decent ??

This is the first time I've read about any of this equipment. What size would you recommend for the area I have? It's 2.4m squared by about 2m high.tapered to suit the beams

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrLearner For This Useful Post:

gardro (07-06-20), GEORGE (07-06-20), Lowrollerbean (07-06-20), Mac (07-06-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast