Thread: R-DWC setup

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default R-DWC setup

Hey guys, new here and looking to set up an r-dwc system as my first grow. Was wondering instead of having the water go round the system and pumped back into the brain pot, could i pump it back into the resevoir and connect my res to my brain pot with a float valve for constant mixing of my water?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chippy_D For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-06-20), johndoh (18-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,050 Times

I am in the same situation mate but I bought the iws rdwc brain standard.
    the way I see it and please correct me If I am wrong someone is I have a 250ltr tank and am just going to drop a pump in to keep the feed all mixed before it goes to the brain where there is another pump to circulate the water.

so the feed is constantly getting mixed to keep ec and ph stable.

the only thing is when I come to do a res change but that's not a problem as I can just run a hose direct from the pump into the bathroom with a valve on so I can drain into the bath.

with all the bits it cost me
    250 ltr tank £64
    brain £110
    maxjet 1000 £30
    8x 20ltr buckets with lids £40
    5mtrs 25mm icetube hose £15
    2mtrs 19mm icetube hose £4
    40mtrs air line £18
    air pump 30l/min with 10 way manifold £65
    25mm tank connectors with washers and nuts £105
    25mm tee £1
    25mm inline filter £11
    2x 25mm bsp to barb £4
    total £472
    all it meant is I had to drill my own holes in the buckets witch is easy enough.

if I bought the system complete without having to drain off as I will it would have cost me £530

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johndoh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-07-20)