Thread: advice

Thanks

Default advice

Hi all need some advice please i have grown 3 times once in a greenhouse just want to know what im doing wrong my plants grow well and flower well but the flowers seams to be airy not solid buds im useing mother pukka nuts mother earth A/B from veg all way to finnish plus wizard boost when in flower i use pk 18/20 and rocket fuel when lights are out twice a week and 2 weeks in flower so what am i doing wrong thanks denise

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denise washington For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20), Jingo (08-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times

Light airy buds are usually caused by high temperatures, If you're using LEDs they can tolerate a little higher temps.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20)

Thanks

Or now that I think of it.. not enough light will give you some real lightweight buds.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20), M_C (08-06-20)

Thanks

im useing a HPS dimmerble 600w if thats any help thanks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denise washington For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You'd want that 24-in when your in veg and 18-in when you're in flower, must be your daytime temps that are giving you issues or you need to do training and clearing out to get more light on your buds.

That light will only penetrate about 18 inches down on a plant so you really want to maximize that space, by spreading branches out maybe topping once or twice. It would also be good in my opinion for just two plants medium sized.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20)

Thanks

Thanks jingo think you have sorted my problem do i need to trim so light can get in to middle of plant if so ive not been doing that just trimming round edges so to speak but on light it is bright enough i think so i will try better clearing thanks a lot denise

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denise washington For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh yeah, you'll want to take out all the spindly little branches that grow up through the middle of the plant and get tiny little buds on them. You really want to clear everything out but a certain number of dominant tops. then as you get later on in the grow you can clear everything out below that 18-in penetration spot and don't even bother growing little tiny popcorn buds down there.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20)

Thanks

Thanks thats what im doing wrong but we all have to learn just one more Q if you dont mind do i need a little condensation in tent or not i try to keep it dry thanks denise

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denise washington For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wouldn't want any condensation on the tent walls or on any of the leaves of the plants, they can mold the leaves where they come together and all kinds of things on the walls of the tents. So if you're getting that you need fans blowing a little bit harder oscillating and maybe more air moving through the tent. As you start to trim and focus on some key branches you'll have less vegetation in there just wastefully respirating and using up nutrients.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20)

Thanks

Hi jingo thanks for all your advice i did have problems with condensation on my first grow in a tent but now i have my inline filter on all time plus a fan and tent is bone dry now just thought you needed a bit with other sites ive been looking at some say yes you do but will take your advice thanks for your help denise

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denise washington For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20), Jingo (09-06-20)