Thread: HELP PLEASE - plants not drinking water 3 weeks from harvest

Thanks

Default Unanswered: HELP PLEASE - plants not drinking water 3 weeks from harvest

Hi, I need your help please. My Northern Lights (indica) plants have stopped drinking water 3 weeks from harvest (its 2.5 weeks away now). The leaves are also all turning yellow (they look much yellower than the pics show). It is taking them 6-7 days or longer to dry out. I flushed them two days ago, and that was 5 days after their last watering and they were still very wet. I am going to leave them until they completely dry and give them a small amount of water - if they manage to recover.
    This happened during my last grow, but it was due to heat stress I believe and due to the LED lights being too close to the buds - the leaves ended up all getting burnt/brown look and some fox tails grew on the buds. The plants just stopped drinking water and the buds would not mature anymore. That was during very hot summer, now I am growing in Autumn and it is cooler. I have had two very successful grows before that and they were in summer when it was hot. I have been so careful with this grow after the last time, and I have no idea what could have caused this.
    I've researched the issue and can't come up with anything, except to flush the plants (done) and only give them a little water in future. I was wondering if some pathogen may have got into my tent that is causing these issues, as I was surprised when it happened the last time after never having an issue before.

- Watering - I had been giving them 1 litre of water every 4-5 days (when they dried) and they're in about 5 litre pots
    - Nutrients - organic - used Professor's Organic nutrients, and Bio Vega at the start. Also used compost teas and Great White mycorrhizae.
    - Temperature - 24-29 degrees celscius. Warm, but I've grown in much hotter conditions with no issues.
    - Lightning - probably been a bit too cautious and kept it around 20 inches away from the plants (I've moved it to 16 inches now). They are a bit small due to that.
    - Humidity - around 50%
    - Roots - I took one plant out and they are white and healthy. They fill the pot but are not root bound.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_122630.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	384223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_122639.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	384224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_122647.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	384225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_122620.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	384226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_122615.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	384227  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hughcumberdale For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

Have you tried feeding recently? I'm just wondering if the plant is being selective and waiting for nutrients rather than water.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20), M_C (09-06-20)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 2

It's fairly common for the leaves to start dying off from the bottom up as they near harvest, particularly Indica. Let em dry out a bit more, then a little nitrogen might help, but don't give too much. If you're only a couple weeks from chop. I wouldn't worry too much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,413 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

8. The Following User Says Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times
    Provided Answers: 12

How big are the pots?

I'm putting a litre through a 2L Pepsi bottle every other day at the moment, for example. LOLS.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-06-20)