Thread: Stealth drying box.

Thanks

Default Stealth drying box.

Hi all, I am about to start my first ever grow, will be autos. I will be growing in my closet with a meizhi 900 and a 4inch filter and fan for the smell( odor control is important due to the fact I live in a block of flats). I have an idea to make a chest of drawers I have into a box to dry my bud when it's eventually ready. I was going to add a small filter and fan at the top to scrub the smell of the drying bud and a pc fan on the opposite bottom corner to draw fresh air In.and probably sit and ona block on top of the drawers for good measure. Do you think this will work well enough to give me a nice 7-10 day dry ? Or just work in general. I will add a picture of the drawers in question to.thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200612_185042.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	384418  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nug Life For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-06-20), Mac (13-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Looks like those draws would make a perfect second grow cab to me. I'd probably set it up as an extra groom so I could have one or two extra plants on the go. One you get your environment right for curing I don't see why I shouldn't work perfect.
    There's an excellent guide here on the talk. Just make sure your odour control is tight. I live it in a flat too so it's doable, just have to be careful I don't stink out about 30 flats. I've smell other people's grow in the flats, stinking out the place. Better safe than sorry
    Current grow: Cindy jocks & Royal Dwaft

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ery-Auto-Diary

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-06-20), Mac (13-06-20)

Thanks

The second grow cab is the plan in the future. Actually using a 3ftx2ft walk in closet as the main grow space. The plan is to start the 2nd run in the drawers a week or 2 before I pull the main grow then swap the 2nd run into the closet and hopefully dry the 1st in the drawers. Any advise on extra odor control? Air purifiers ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nug Life For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Nug Life View Post
    The second grow cab is the plan in the future. Actually using a 3ftx2ft walk in closet as the main grow space. The plan is to start the 2nd run in the drawers a week or 2 before I pull the main grow then swap the 2nd run into the closet and hopefully dry the 1st in the drawers. Any advise on extra odor control? Air purifiers ?
    Start ya second batch in the drawers and dry in the tent? Then move ya drawer plants to the cupboard when its free. Drying weed smells stronger than young growing weed, so I would dry that way round to keep the drying stuff under the main filter and scrub the smell as it exits.

Ona gel works wonders but keep it in a separate room to the grow. The way it works is the gel traps odour particles in a barrier so they can't emit smell. It will do the same to your buds if you let it get close enough. I keep one upstairs and one by the front door window. Minimum of 2 rooms away from the grow

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-06-20), Miami Russian (04-07-20), scoot (19-06-20)

Thanks

Sweet thanks guys. That seems like a stronger idea the closet would give a bit more space to dry to hopefully slow it down. While still being able to start the next 4 in the drawers. Am I right to think plants that are vegging really don't smell all that much ?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nug Life For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,927 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Nug Life View Post
    Has to be a second carbon filter and outtake fan. Mine sits in a box 95% of the time but it's there if I need it. Couldn't take the risk and it's worth it for peace of mind.

Ona does work very well but I find it hard on my chest so I prefer not to have it. I might pick some up just for emergencies when they are in true flower. But you can smell it outside and anyone who's smelt it knows what it's for IMO

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpT0wn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-06-20), Mac (14-06-20)

Thanks

It was always going to have a second filter in it. It really is the only think that controls the smell. Think I might just get ona to as a back up just for when it's in true flower, probably leave it in the hall way just to cover any leakage as I know you shouldn't keep it in your groom

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nug Life For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-06-20), Mac (14-06-20), UpT0wn (14-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

Ona works amazingly well,I used it to help when I lived in Scotland now I don't have to worry about any of that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20)