Thread: When to feed nutes

Thanks

Default Unanswered: When to feed nutes

Hey guys

This is my first grow and I'm currently growing some blood orange kush clones -( indica dominant) in 5 gallon pots using boibuzz soil with perlite in.

I'm using:

General hydroponics Bloom - 1 part
    General hydroponics Grow - 1 part
    Magnecal
    Terpinator

I've had some clones in mid veg for about 2 weeks and only gave them water & magnecal for the first week & these last 2 feeds I've introduced some grow.

From reading online I've seen that my ppm range should be around 800-850 in this phase judging from the height of my plants (I'm unsure on there real age).

My questions is, am I okay to give it as much grow as it takes to get my range to 850 as it's a one part nutrient or is it bad to give it so much of the one thing?

My other question, using 5 gallon pots I hear that they can hold 4 litres?

What should I currently be feeding & how often? I'm currently giving them 2l per pot and im getting no run off... Im guessing I'm going to need to water until run off soon to get rid of some buildup but when do I do this and should I be using just pH'd water or when I'm feeding nutes to get the run off? I also wonder should I only be feeding nutrients every every 3rd feed?

Also has anyone ever used terpinator? It says you can use it in veg but I've I've heard if people only using it in flower.

Also when should I be giving my plant it's magnecal?

Thanks in advanced

Adding some pics
    Last edited by Cannathusiast; 14-06-20 at 12:35 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cannathusiast For This Useful Post:

hotshot (14-06-20), jake420 (14-06-20), jingo (14-06-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,215 Times in 4,090 Posts
    Provided Answers: 46

Probably going to require better pictures before you get any real response from anybody. If you just repotted lately you shouldn't have to feed anything especially not mag n cal at this point, using general hydroponics grow and Bloom you really should have the micro too. But I doubt you really need to be feeding either one right now. watering depends a lot of pain what stage of growth of plants are in and since you started from clones it's kind of hard to tell. terpinator would be happy if you used it all the way through and lots of it, it's expensive stuff! Because it's expensive and it works I use a just at the end only the last couple of weeks, you can literally smell the difference the next day after you fed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

Cannathusiast (14-06-20), existence (14-06-20), hotshot (14-06-20), jake420 (14-06-20), Mac (14-06-20), scootb (14-06-20)

Thanks

Like Jingo said you shouldn't need to feed just water for now.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scootb For This Useful Post:

Cannathusiast (14-06-20), existence (14-06-20), hotshot (14-06-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply guys.

I did my first run off today and realised yes I shouldn't of used any nutes really as my run off was 2.6 EC and 1160ppm 6.1 pH

In 5 gallon pots it took just over 4 litres to get a bit of run off to test with.

Some of my stems are turning red too so I think she's stressed or something, the rest of the plant seems to be okay.

Here's the colour of the leaves & example of the stem.

How should I lower my run off EC in these 5 gallon fabric pots? It took 2 hours to get a little bit of run off for the plants should I do this for the next couple of feeds with just plain water and keep testing the run off each feed or do I need to completely flush it on the next feed to quickly get that EC down?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cannathusiast For This Useful Post:

hotshot (15-06-20)

Thanks

To flush a 5-gallon pot requires 10 to 15 gallons of water, I'd probably go ahead and do that right now. Then it might be a good idea to give a very light bit of nutrients at the end.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

Cannathusiast (14-06-20), hotshot (15-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    To flush a 5-gallon pot requires 10 to 15 gallons of water, I'd probably go ahead and do that right now. Then it might be a good idea to give a very light bit of nutrients at the end.

Oh god that sounds like a lot of water.

I'm probably going to sound simple now but what do you suggest the best process be to flush them? I've got a hose pipe and the 3 pots are in a tray but I'd be afraid the water would be too cold. I currently use a 50l bucket with a water heater and airstone to keep the water in.

So if I gave them all that water in one go do I just wait for the tray to fill up and then test it? And once I've got the run off, give it a light nute feed like you said?

What ec should I be aiming for after giving them all that water and then what ec/ppm should I give it for the feed?

Thanks Jingo

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cannathusiast For This Useful Post:

existence (14-06-20), hotshot (15-06-20), jingo (14-06-20)

Thanks

If I had a choice I'd probably flush one plant at a time in a bathtub or something like that. I never have really worried about the temperature of my water. So I don't really know what to tell you there, I've put water in when it's real cold and I leave it sitting outside when I water in the summer and it's real hot.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jingo For This Useful Post:

Cannathusiast (19-06-20), existence (14-06-20), hotshot (15-06-20)

Thanks

Weeds are a tough plant. Flush them and get back to a stable baseline.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

Cannathusiast (19-06-20), hotshot (15-06-20)