Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First time grower looking for advice ????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Welcome to the forum.

My complete shi...errr kit was amazing, £300 for 2 sets of rope ratchets. As that's all I still have left of it

You don't need to spend thousands, but the money for those kits is better spent in other ways as you can see from the various replies lol

At this point tho it almost seems like a "complete kit" is a rite of passage all growers should go thru on their journey

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-20), Greengrass (17-06-20), Krofam (17-06-20), MrC (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,963 Times

Quote Originally Posted by L0wdawg View Post
    Thanks! Me too. Sorry, the intake is a black orchid axial 5" pulling about 195m3 and the VENTS extractor should do 250m3. Do you think I could use a fan controller on the VENTS if needed or would the difference be ok (I know it needs to be negative)

Hmm, really not sure mate, I have an rvk with a variac controller in a 1x1x1.8 m tent, passive intake through a porthole and I only ever have it on 1/5 or 2/5 on the controller and it sucks the sides in. Tent like that you can probably have passive intake and a 4 inch rvk. I wouldn't be bale to run a fan without a controller though, too much whooshin and more power on full than I need. That was £79 off ebay and the rvk is about £60 I wanna say? Plenty of opinions though mate.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-20), Greengrass (17-06-20), Krofam (17-06-20), Mac (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

honoured you went with my advice. if you need any help along the way just llet me know. ill be more than happy to help. as will many others on here.

have you ordered the light already? if not, got for 3500k...

3000k = mainly for flower (equiv HPS)
    4000k = mainy for veg (equiv MH)
    3500k = all rounder (equiv Dual-Spec HPS)

dont know much about the hlg lights but im sure someone on here can confirm if this info applies to them

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

2hot 2trot (17-06-20), GEORGE (17-06-20), Greengrass (17-06-20), Mac (17-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post
    honoured you went with my advice. if you need any help along the way just llet me know. ill be more than happy to help. as will many others on here.

dont know much about the hlg lights but im sure someone on here can confirm if this info applies to them
    It does

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-06-20), Greengrass (17-06-20), Krofam (17-06-20), L0wdawg (19-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Are biobizz nutes suitable with coco?
    Thought they were for soil only
    Atb

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-06-20), Krofam (19-06-20), Mac (17-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post

Hey mate,

It's all good to go, bar the light. I had ordered one but think I've managed to change it to 3500k before it has shipped. I did a little more research and had already messaged the supplier so thank you for confirming!

I have one more hurdle (at the moment anyway, I'm sure there will be more to come) - I've set my tent up in my garage. During the days, once the light is in and everything is running, I should be able to maintain a decent temperature. My concern is the night time..

I was looking at a temprature controller along with a tubular heater that could turn on if the temp drops but I am unsure how well it would keep the heat as air will be constantly exchanged?

Can I turn my exhaust off with lights off and just keep the oscillating fans and a consistent warmth inside the tent?

TIA

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Krofam (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Are biobizz nutes suitable with coco?
    Thought they were for soil only
    Atb

Yes, it appears they are. There are some accounts of people using bio bizz with coco and having good results although I had purchased it for a pink runtz seed that I've potted in soil aside from the new 3!

Thanks for the pointer, it's much appreciated

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Krofam (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by L0wdawg View Post
    Hey mate,

It's all good to go, bar the light. I had ordered one but think I've managed to change it to 3500k before it has shipped. I did a little more research and had already messaged the supplier so thank you for confirming!

I have one more hurdle (at the moment anyway, I'm sure there will be more to come) - I've set my tent up in my garage. During the days, once the light is in and everything is running, I should be able to maintain a decent temperature. My concern is the night time..

I was looking at a temprature controller along with a tubular heater that could turn on if the temp drops but I am unsure how well it would keep the heat as air will be constantly exchanged?

Can I turn my exhaust off with lights off and just keep the oscillating fans and a consistent warmth inside the tent?

TIA
    You could, but i wouldn't the humidity will be prime to cause rot

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Krofam (19-06-20), L0wdawg (19-06-20), Mac (26-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    You could, but i wouldn't the humidity will be prime to cause rot

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've had a look into it and I think the way to go is a fan speed controller that has a temp probe attached.

I've bought a 2ft tubular heater and a temp controller to bring it on should the temp drop and if I use a fan speed controller that also monitors temp, this can work in conjunction with the heater?

Any tips on fan controllers would be good - I'm realising I will need 8A or above or a 'hybrid' controller if I want the fans to run without any hum?

Peace

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Karsa (19-06-20), Krofam (19-06-20), Mac (26-06-20)

Thanks

P.s I'm now at about £470 of the £230-280 I wanted to spend

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to L0wdawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Krofam (19-06-20), Mac (26-06-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast