Thread: Hints for a first time grower?

Thanks

Talking Hints for a first time grower?

Hi guys, I’m growing cannabis for the first time and I’d like to know if you have any hints for a first time grower.
    I studied a lot, and I am still trying to learn everything that I can before I get my seeds.
    I got a tent 4x2x5, and a led light kingplus 1200w. I’m also buying a small fan. I plan to grow on coco coir, but I’m not sure on the rate of coco coir per perlite. I see that many people buy exhausts, but I’m not sure if it’s really necessary as it’s my first time growing and I’m low on budget. I also would like to know if anyone has a feeding schedule to send to me. I’m looking for fertilizers to feed the plants, but I don’t know what’s the best brand of fertilizers to grow cannabis. I’m not sure if anyone knows how to calculate the height I should leave the light for each stage of the plant.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help and stay safe!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hellsfire For This Useful Post:

Adriaanoo (16-06-20), GEORGE (16-06-20), Mac (16-06-20), MrC (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Hi & welcome

Coco needs no perlite, yes, you need extraction (and filter) feeding? Go by the EC & Canna Coco A&B will sort you out

...I know pretty much sod all on LED
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Adriaanoo (16-06-20), GEORGE (16-06-20), Hellsfire (16-06-20), Mac (16-06-20), MrC (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

I understand budget is a concern but if you are in prohibition land then you need a filter unless you like prison food IT WILL STINK IN FLOWER! and its not the sort of smell that blends into the background either. No filter?? May as well put a neon advert on ya roof saying "weed growers R us". If you are in a place where it is legal then you need to check your local bylaws regards homegrow smells. Some insist on filters being used some don't.

You will need an extraction fan also to remove heat and moisture from the area other wise its just sat there in the tent, hot, damp air and light = perfect conditions for bad shit to thrive.

Coco provides its maximum aeration when fully saturated so as MC says perlite is not required in coco but won't hurt it either.

For a beginner in coco with LED my recommended nute line would be -

Canna Rhizotonic
    Canna A + B
    General Hydro CaliMagic

Those will run you start to finish if used correctly. But to use them correctly you need an EC and PH measuring device which is extra expense.

Regards what height to hang your light, that info should be in the manual that came with the light, if not then check their website see if they list the hanging heights. If the info is not there then hang it at 3 foot high to start and let the plant grow into it. Put your hand flat on top of your plant, if you can feel the heat on the back of your hand and its uncomfortable, raise the light.

Welcome to the forums and good luck with the grow, theres plenty of good coco info on here so I suggest taking a little time to have a look round and read up, heres a good thread to start you off with, helped me when I was starting out

Click me for Blue's canna coco and nutrient guide

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-06-20), Hellsfire (16-06-20), Kurdt (16-06-20), MrC (16-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk hellsfire, enjoy dude.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Hellsfire (16-06-20), Mac (16-06-20)

Thanks

Thanks man! The first time growing will always be the one we spend more because we have to buy everything ??*??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hellsfire For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-06-20), Mac (17-06-20)

Thanks

I actually live in Toronto, so I’m good in terms of smell. I’m not sure if the plants are affected if I don’t buy an exhaust system.
    I bought a Ph measuring device, but I couldn’t find an inexpensive EC meter. It says on the manual, but I wasn’t sure if cannabis are different receiving light and heat from led lights.

This guide is actually very helpful, and you made a really through explanation. Thanks man, I appreciate it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hellsfire For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My #1 hint for a new time grower - do not feed too much nutrients early on, when they in cups do not saturate, first 4 weeks keep dry but not leave them sat in fungus, keep roots searching for water, increase feed week 5-6, PH is important!!!! , make sure env. is warm and not chilly or super hot

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to existence For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

I broke all the rules as a 1sr time grower and dived in at the deepened and went straight hydro. The thought of a soil grow makes me anxious as I wouldn't have a clue where to start

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post: