Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Digital ballast

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,020 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Justeatit View Post
    I grabbed one of these today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only have 1 single wall socket inside my groom and 1 single socket on the outside which has an extension with fans but shares the washing machine. Can I plug the "timer" plug and the "Input" plug on this contactor in to a normal extension lead, then plug the extension in to the single wall socket in the groom and run 2 lights on it? Also if I have this contactor can I use a normal timer?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-20), Justeatit (29-07-20), Krofam (29-07-20), Mac (29-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

see.. i have 2 plugs in my groom, MrC, and its set up like yours. 1 plug has heavy duty extension for fans, extractor and dehum. the other plug has one of these plugged into it...

1 plug power 2 lights upto 1kw each. any more than 2 lights and the unit uses 2 plugs.

i know how contactors can fuck up sometimes so i got 2 of these back in the day just in case. have only ever had to use one. 6years on and still perfect.
    expensive but defo worth it imo.

to answer your question.. you could. as long as the extention is heavy duty. reason it need its own socket is to prevent the high discharge going through it..

you could actually plug the timer plug into your extension and have the plug for input go into your 1 socket. it just needs power to let the contactor know when to switch on.
    Last edited by Krofam; 29-07-20 at 07:46 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-20), MrC (29-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,020 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post
    see.. i have 2 plugs in my groom, MrC, and its set up like yours. 1 plug has heavy duty extension for fans, extractor and dehum. the other plug has one of these plugged into it...

1 plug power 2 lights upto 1kw each. any more than 2 lights and the unit uses 2 plugs.

i know how contactors can fuck up sometimes so i got 2 of these back in the day just in case. have only ever had to use one. 6years on and still perfect.
    expensive but defo worth it imo.

to answer your question.. you could. as long as the extention is heavy duty. reason it need its own socket is to prevent the high discharge going through it..

you could actually plug the timer plug into your extension and have the plug for input go into your 1 socket. it just needs power to let the contactor know when to switch on.
    Aah cool man, thanks for takin the time to explain. I could put lights in one and all else in the other if I had that. Do you have a link you can pm me when you get time? Or just a search term would do.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-20), Krofam (30-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,347 Times

Try this got some up
    dual contractor with timer

From behind the bushes

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-07-20), Krofam (30-07-20), MrC (30-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times

search: greenpower 2way.

it is pricey, but worth it.
    just make sure it uses 1 plug if you get a variant. some of them use 2 plugs for 2 lights. for that just get a cheap one. the convenience of 1 plug is where its value is.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-20), MrC (30-07-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4