Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electric readings

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,414 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_badger View Post
    Just give them monthly readings dude they're aren't going to say that you're using too much if you're willing to pay for it.

Imagine having a fuel guzzling car and having to go the petrol station every other day, they aren't going to turn you away and say you're using too much fuel.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    I have to do that with my 2ltr car lol,my 5.4 guzzler lasts 4 days(bigger gas tank)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (17-06-20), GEORGE (17-06-20), Mac (17-06-20), WhIpLaSh (17-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

My house is all electric and always cold so bills and usage are always high. We're coldblooded so 2000w heaters on often... and often forget to switch em off

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (18-06-20), GEORGE (18-06-20), Mac (18-06-20), scoot (19-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,414 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    My house is all electric and always cold so bills and usage are always high. We're coldblooded so 2000w heaters on often... and often forget to switch em off
    We got forced air heating over here so when the heating is on its a fan blowing the hot air from the furnace through the vents,not sure yet if I'm glad or not that I don't have AC the kids would hammer it rather than just go sit in the basement.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I could think of a million ways to consume electricity and million reasons why its private.

By the way not paying electricity gives no grounds for power of entry. If they terminate the supply, it has to be done externally
    i didn't let the meter guy in for 4 years... and never got busted... but i do no they can make up a lie under health and safety act which gives them a right to come straight in... even that doesn't bother me to much as the meter is by the door so its not like they can come running down round the house smashing things up ... i always used to keep my grwroom locked and it paid of once when i got stuck in a window at 2am (long story) the police came in and one went upstairs just as my rocket ram 8" kicked in and tried the door... i was at the bottom talking to 2 others and near pissed my pants. But yeah my bill went up to 70 odd a week at times then down to 9 at others and i just say aquariums or bitcoin mining air conditioning? halogen heaters.. the list goes on and on... i
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thehulk For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (19-06-20), gardro (19-06-20), GEORGE (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

You'll be sound don't worry just do readings and pay bills, you might think your bill might be high but I've worked in houses with heated indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and hot tub. Everything you could imagine so I'm sure our bills are low compared to some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

gardro (19-06-20), GEORGE (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20), scoot (20-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
    i didn't let the meter guy in for 4 years... and never got busted... but i do no they can make up a lie under health and safety act which gives them a right to come straight in... even that doesn't bother me to much as the meter is by the door so its not like they can come running down round the house smashing things up ... i always used to keep my grwroom locked and it paid of once when i got stuck in a window at 2am (long story) the police came in and one went upstairs just as my rocket ram 8" kicked in and tried the door... i was at the bottom talking to 2 others and near pissed my pants. But yeah my bill went up to 70 odd a week at times then down to 9 at others and i just say aquariums or bitcoin mining air conditioning? halogen heaters.. the list goes on and on... i
    Yeah i heard about them lying about safety but their case crumbles when you ask for the electrical qualifications of the tin pot meter men that have been denied entry, you know the ones that have zero qualifications so how could they have ever checked for safety in the first place.

How could you possibly know its not safe? Are you stating you have knowingly installed something that is unsafe - criminal negligence on their part - which is covered under Electricity Act......

By not producing there evidence they then have to admit they have sent unqualified people into your houses to "inspect" your meter. As barristers often say "you cannot have it both ways"

Only smell of gas will get power of entry

But yeah pay your bills and dont steal, but the law is clear on right of entry. It is not a criminal matter.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Dirty_badger (19-06-20), GEORGE (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2