Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RQS Northern Lights Auto - 8 weeks & bushy but still no buds??

Thanks

Default RQS Northern Lights Auto - 8 weeks & bushy but still no buds??

Hi everyone,

I've gained so much great info from this forum already so I'm hoping you guys can get help me get my first grow over the finish line. It's also my first post so please go easy on me!!

I "think" I've got a problem, in that it’s been 8 weeks since I planted my RQS Northern Lights Auto & it still hasn't flowered.

I’ve had white pistils forming for two weeks now but they don’t seem to be progressing into buds.

I'm not in a rush, the problem is that I don't have too much room left in my tent, She's grown far bigger and bushier than I ever expected & there's no space left for her to grow into.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated as I really don't want to have to get rid of what looks, to my novice eye, like a pretty healthy plant. (not to mention how much she’s costs so far).

So here's what I've done so far......

I've got a small 2ftx2ftx5ft tent with good airflow/extraction & a Mars Hydro TS1000 LED Light.

I'm growing in Cana Coco (70/30 Perlite Mix) & I'm using the complete Canna Nutrient line.

I’m using an 18\6 Light Schedule.

I started the seed in tissue paper and transplanted to a jiffy plug after 2 days.

The jiffy plug went in the tent for 4 days until the seed had broke the surface and sprouted through the bottom of the plug, then I transplanted it to its final container, an 11ltr dirt pot, pre-soaked with a light dose of Rhizotonic.

From here on in I've been following a recommended Canna nutrient schedule & I’ve had no real issues to speak of. ( I have also been adding a small amount of Cal-Mag into my nutrient mixes to counter any buffering issues with the Cana Coco)

I have been meticulously measuring both the E.C & P.H of my nutrient mixes and run-off & increasing the nutes gradually as the weeks progressed. (The EC’s listed below include my tap water which is +200)

I was keen to not attempt too much in the way of training with this being my first plant, so I decided on some light scrogging at the most.

Week 1 – (Temp -28°, RH-80%)

Week 2 – (EC-400, P.H-5.8, Temp -28°, RH-70%)

Week 3 – (EC-800, P.H-5.8, Temp -28°, RH-70%)

Week 4 – (EC-1100, P.H-5.8, Temp -26°, RH-60%)

Week 5 – (EC-1200, P.H-5.8, Temp -26°, RH-60%)
    I identified a possible magnesium deficiency, so added extra Cal-Mag into my nutrient mix for a few days.

Week 6 – (EC-1400, P.H-5.8, Temp -25°, RH-60%)
    Around Day 41, white pistils started to appear at some nodes so I started adding Canna Boost to my Nutrient Mix.

Week 7 – (EC-1600, P.H-5.8, Temp -25°, RH-50%)
    Lots of growth & a few more pistils, but no too many tbh.

Week 8 – (EC-1800, P.H-5.8, Temp -25°, RH-50%
    Lots more growth but again, not too many more pistils and no real buds.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	384614

Name:	IMG_1240.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	384615

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	384614

Name:	IMG_1232.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	384616

Name:	IMG_1233.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	384617

So that’s where I’m at, the end of week 8 (day 56 since seed was germinating in tissue paper) and still no real buds to speak of & I’m nearly out of tent space. There are quite a good amount of white pistils but that has been the case for a while now.

What are your thoughts?
    Do I need to be more patient & just pray she doesn’t stretch out much more?
    Have I done something stupid that has ruined her?
    Is it’s possible that it’s not an auto after all & that switching to a 12/12 light schedule will help? (I’m scared that if I do that, she'll stretch even more!)

Thanks in advance,

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innovtech2020 For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (26-06-20), GEORGE (17-06-20), Jingo (17-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Sadly Royal Queen seeds pops up quite a bit in our post-under did your auto not auto. Your best bet at this point might be to flip it over to 12/12 and see if it'll start flowering I don't know if you'll be able to come back from that if it does maybe who knows.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (26-06-20), GEORGE (17-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Is that as high as your light goes? Ive had rqs nl seeds that have taken 50+ days to start flowering, however if that happens i suspect you could be growing into the lights. Is your fan and filter taking space above the light? If so you could move em outside of the tent

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ive just been looking back on my 1st diary which was rqs NL. They took about 50 days till i saw pistils. After 2 or 3 weeks they were looking like pom poms. They grew a lot more in height though

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks peeps.

I currently have my fan outside the tent & the filter pretty much sits next to the light at the top so unfortunately I really don't have much more height left up there.

I can re-arrange my drain rack at the bottom of the tent which will probably get me another 10cm wiggle room at the top, so I think I might do that and switch to a 12/12 light schedule to try and coax her into flowering, and just pray she doesn't get too much bigger.

On a separate note, do you thinks it's safe to defoliate some of the big fan leaves to expose some of the "potential" bud sites?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innovtech2020 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-06-20), Jingo (17-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innovtech2020 View Post
    Thanks peeps.

I currently have my fan outside the tent & the filter pretty much sits next to the light at the top so unfortunately I really don't have much more height left up there.

I can re-arrange my drain rack at the bottom of the tent which will probably get me another 10cm wiggle room at the top, so I think I might do that and switch to a 12/12 light schedule to try and coax her into flowering, and just pray she doesn't get too much bigger.

On a separate note, do you thinks it's safe to defoliate some of the big fan leaves to expose some of the "potential" bud sites?
    Actually, defoliation will aid you in keeping her from stretching too much. you can clear out all those big fan leaves on underneath and those that are blocking bud sights up above. cut off any little tiny spindly branches that are coming up from the bottom of the plant through the center.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-06-20), Innovtech2020 (17-06-20)

Thanks

I think theyre progressing fine. Id raise the ph to 6 and lower the ec a little as youre pretty high already. Adjusting the ph will enable her to take up more of the nutes needed in flower.
    Maybe add some pk if you have it

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (26-06-20), GEORGE (17-06-20), Innovtech2020 (17-06-20), Jingo (17-06-20)

Thanks

OK, So I'll re-arrange my space to get as much height as I can.

Then I'll attempt some light defoliation, Raise my PH to 6.0 & brave it out on 18/6 for a little longer.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers again Guys, I've been stressing about this all week.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innovtech2020 For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (26-06-20), GEORGE (17-06-20), Jingo (17-06-20), Silkadin (17-06-20)

Thanks

So it's now Day 65 & I still don't really know where I'm at.

10 Days ago I defoliated a lot of the lower leaves along with some of the higher ones that where blocking potential growth sites. I also raised my the PH level of my nutrient mix to 6.0 to try & entice more uptake.

After 5 days of this, there was still no real signs of flowering, just MORE upward growth towards the light, so on day 60 I decided to switch to a 12/12 light schedule to see if that would finally encourage my "probably not really an auto" auto to flower.

...& here we are @ Day 65, STILL growing upwards and STILL not flowered!

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	385030

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	385031

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	385032

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	385033

So the question is, do I stick with the 12/12 light schedule I'm now on or do I go back to the 18/6?

I've now eek'ed out every spare inch of room in my grow space so I need to do whatever will encourage the least vertical growth at this point, i literally have 10cm until she hits the light.

I'm still watering 3 times a day with 20-30% run-Off & not getting any crazy EC or PH read-outs.

Surely a RQS Northern Lights Auto should have flowered by now?!?!

ANY suggestions, greatly appreciated....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innovtech2020 For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (26-06-20), GEORGE (26-06-20)

Thanks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (26-06-20), GEORGE (26-06-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast