Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me with drying ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Is it no smell at all or a damp hay smell? I was plagued with the damp hay smell with my first few grows, it only stopped when I started hanging the whole plant minus big fan leaves to dry it stopped. Takes a bit longer to dry but the extra few days seems to make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    It’s a hay smell but buds ain’t damp it’s basically all the sugars evaporate within like 3 days of drying and it jsut never seems to come back even in the jars left with that nasty smell but no mold I’ll hang dry my black dog once she’s ready remove the big leaves and dry trim see if it helps I don’t mind waiting longer for a dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

existence (18-06-20), GEORGE (18-06-20), Mac (19-06-20), scoobywho (19-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    For me the best smell comes with a longer drying period snd shorter curing period. I like to dry until the buds seem over dry, leaving them on an entire branch. Then when I cut them off and start the cure it might take a day or two for the buds to make it back to 62%, they may go a little bit higher and I'll bring them down over less than a week usually.

So for me, it's a longer drying time and a shorter curing time. Most of my hay smells came when I did it the opposite way shorter drying time and longer cure time.

Think I can just hang the buds in a cardboard box? I can’t exactly use my grow area still got a couple plants I have over dried before but I find there’s no moisture left in the actual buds

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chunksdependable For This Useful Post:

existence (18-06-20), GEORGE (18-06-20), Jingo (18-06-20), Mac (19-06-20), scoobywho (19-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chunksdependable View Post
    Think I can just hang the buds in a cardboard box? I can’t exactly use my grow area still got a couple plants I have over dried before but I find there’s no moisture left in the actual buds

I've seen some very elaborate cardboard boxes over the years but sure that works real well.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Chunksdependable (18-06-20), existence (18-06-20), GEORGE (18-06-20), Mac (19-06-20), scoobywho (19-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

I always trimmed when I chop,then I would place the trimmed buds into mesh hanging baskets,once they start to crisp on the outside(usually 3-5 days) I place in jars,every day I open the jars for 30-60mns and reseal them,this method has never failed me I'm sure its the same method many on here also use.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-20), Mac (19-06-20), Wags (20-06-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2