Thread: Does DWC require larger amount of ferts or am I wrong?

Thanks

Default Does DWC require larger amount of ferts or am I wrong?

Hey guys, hope you're healthy and well. I really want to start growing in DWC because I'm amazed by most of the results online. In soil, I'm used to growing in 15-19Lt. pots and I water 1.5Ltr water with nutes every 2 days. So that would be 4.5Ltr water with nutes per week. If I start using DWC, if the bucket is 19ltr that requires water change once a week(some say once every two weeks), then I would spend 19ltrs of water WITH NUTES per week instead of 4.5ltrs like in soil. Are my calculations correct or no? Thank you and God Bless.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eugenios For This Useful Post:

British green (20-06-20), GEORGE (20-06-20), JAMEAT (23-06-20), Krofam (20-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I'd be surprised if you use more than 3ml of nutes per litre of water
    In dwc less is normally more because the nutes are so readily available for the plants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-20), JAMEAT (23-06-20), Jingo (20-06-20), Krofam (20-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

It takes less than coco drain to waste anyway. I feed a little stronger and more frequently in coco than I ever did in deep water culture, same exact general hydroponic nutes in Coco Hydro or soil.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-20), JAMEAT (23-06-20), Krofam (20-06-20)