Thread: Aircon unit

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

Default Aircon unit

Looking at using my aircon i have in the house but worried about the smell escaping the room as the hot air is vented out.

Any of you guys have tips to stop this from happening?

It is a stand alone unit with a warm air duct the kind you can carry from room to room not a split air system.

Cheers dudes

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-20), Jingo (21-06-20), Mac (21-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Are you using a grow tent or the room itself? If its a tent just cool the room the tent is into keep ya smells confined inside the tent.

If its the room then perhaps vent into the room with the ac but point the duct at your filter so its scrubbed before exhausting from the groom ventilation?

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (21-06-20), GEORGE (21-06-20), Jingo (21-06-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Are you using a grow tent or the room itself? If its a tent just cool the room the tent is into keep ya smells confined inside the tent.

If its the room then perhaps vent into the room with the ac but point the duct at your filter so its scrubbed before exhausting from the groom ventilation?
    I am ruining a tent in a shed, but it's in a sealed part of the shed to a point that there is a mdf door panel screwed into place so everytime i go to look in the tent I've got to unscrew the panel and then unzip the tent.

Could possibly run the aircon inside the enclosure to cool around the tent?

Probably have to have a vent so the aircon can pull some air in while exhausting out the room?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeah reckon cooling ya enclosure is the best bet, vent the ac out into the shed and draw cold air in to the enclosure from outside.
    Or vent the AC outside if the heat signature wont be a giveaway and vent into the enclosure from the shed for fresh air.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (21-06-20), GEORGE (21-06-20), Jingo (21-06-20)

Thanks

My garden isn't level and I've got decking onto the side of my shed approximately 3 foot high so all my venting is under the decking keeps noise down.

Way i see it is I've got more chance of someone passing or a neighbour phoning the police reporting me concern ING noise and smell rather than being caught from a heat signiture.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funkysnair View Post
    My garden isn't level and I've got decking onto the side of my shed approximately 3 foot high so all my venting is under the decking keeps noise down.

Way i see it is I've got more chance of someone passing or a neighbour phoning the police reporting me concern ING noise and smell rather than being caught from a heat signiture.

perfect

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (21-06-20), GEORGE (21-06-20)