Thread: Heat Stress During Heatwave?

Thanks

Default Heat Stress During Heatwave?

Hey guys, I got 3 xxl blue amnesia on the go. They are in the flowering stage atm. After a couple weeks of mostly overcast weather in the UK, the past few days it's jumped from low 20 celcius, to high 20s/low30s. I've noticed a couple fan leafs with burns on them:

Attachment 384958

Attachment 384959

Also here is the previous weather:

Attachment 384960

Attachment 384961

Attachment 384962

I did a quick search on the subject. Seems like indicas are more prone to heat stress. A couple solutions seem to be:

1. increase shade. This one seems the best, however they really haven't been getting enough light recently.. So what should I do here? take them in to shade during the hottest hours? How much light should I aim to get them minimum?

2. kelp extract for roots

Really not sure what to do here, they are not far off from finishing now I imagine (first ever grow here btw), so don't want to lose them now! Thanks in advance

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slikyboi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-20), glitcher (14-07-20), Mac (12-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Shit the bed!! Mine hit 40 yesterday but not much canoeing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-06-20), jake420 (25-06-20), Mac (12-07-20)

Thanks

I’m growing outdoors and the temps are in the 90s with low humidity. They’re growing like a WEED! Out of concern for the high temps and low humidity I move my five plants into filtered shade / full shade at about 7:00 pm. They’re getting about 13 hours of full sun every day and they seem to enjoy the change. I am a FIRST TIME grower so this just my $0.02 worth. You may want to get a receipt.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glitcher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-20), Mac (12-07-20)