Thread: How to control humidity in a very small tent?

Thanks

Default How to control humidity in a very small tent?

My grow tent is 50x50x100.
    I am growing in cocco and my humidity is around 65 at best.
    I have a large 12l dehumidifier but that would take up over half the tent so not practical.
    Spent hours going over all available dehumidifiers it seems that the smaller ones have no way of setting the desired humidity and often don't really draw much bellow 30 degrees and settle around 60 humidity anyway so a waste of money for my use.

The one I use in the house can be set to as low as 40 in any temperature but even if I could use it is too noisy.

The only solution I can think of is to try watering little and often instead of a big soaking to waste I had been doing as this would make the humidity shoot up to around 80 for a day.

I don't leave any waste water in the tent I remove the pants to water. I have an exhaust system sucking air out through a filter and a circulation fan inside.

If there is enough air movement will that avoid mould when I get buds?

I have two plants in there one was really a back up in case I messed up the other I also have two seedlings on platforms in 3.8 liter pot's.
    the two main plants are in 8 liter pots.

Have I been over ambitious should I have stuck to one plant in an 8 liter pot? Or two in 3.8 litter pots.

I have done alot of training to keep the size down and the bigger two are in the second week of flower. now I just think smaller pots hold less water less plant size and better for my mini tent.

I am liking the cocco though it takes about of Guess work out I am using canna a and b and 70/30 cocco perlite mix.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dayglowfroggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-20), Jingo (30-06-20), Mac (30-06-20), scorpion (30-06-20), Utenzo (31-10-20)

Thanks

Maybe should add the water is around 5.8 to 6.1 pH and the temp is around 24 and down to 18 at night the tent is on a concrete floor in a garage.
    I am using a ts600 mars hydro light mounted as high as I can about 150mm from the top of the tent.
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 30-06-20 at 11:23 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dayglowfroggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-20), Jingo (30-06-20), Mac (30-06-20), scorpion (30-06-20), Utenzo (31-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,626 Times

It's not the amount of water you're putting in the pots or how often you water that's giving you humidity, it's the transpiration of your plants. it usually gets worse in flower because your plants are bigger and have a lot more leaves by them. One strategy to reduce humidity is to reduce the amount of vegetation in your tent, selective defoliation. You can avoid mold if your plants are well kept and you practice defoliation as well as sufficient air movement.

Training, defoliation, keeping a clean and neat tent are all ways to deal with increased humidity. They are also what most good growers tend to do as part of their routine.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Adriaanoo (30-06-20), GEORGE (30-06-20), jake420 (30-06-20), Jumper114 (30-06-20), Mac (30-06-20), M_C (30-06-20), scorpion (30-06-20), Utenzo (31-10-20)

Thanks

this could help
    make a box around the humidifier leave back open and the front with a fan hole cut out (pull the air from the dehumidifier into the tent) intake fan , if the air going into the tent is low you can keep the humidity lower

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JacksBasicGrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-20), Mac (30-06-20), scorpion (30-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

i've got a pretty smart humidifier m8 but still trying to get to grips with it it's only a 5 and half litre though but it's lcd screen and tricky as fuck, when i say getting to grip with it i'm struggling myself with low humidity it's not in my tent but a couple of feet away so i have to set it to go a bit higher as it isn't getting to my growdrobe intake,i'm not sure if it would go in your tent though but u might have problems with the lights on it if you do photos not autos, anyway if u want to look at it this is the one levoit lv550hh
    good luck with raising the humidity and your grow m8
    I smoke pretty much all of the time so if I waffle shit please forgive me lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-20), Mac (30-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times

Can you not put the dehumidifier outside the tent? Get that down and the tent should go down. I have a temp and rh meter outside the tent aswell as inside

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-20), Mac (30-06-20), scorpion (30-06-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (30-11-20)

Thanks

Just been to check and it's currently sitting at 51% humidity that's after watering last night but the main difference is the humidity meter is higher up in n the tent nearer the light so I wander if the bus will end up sitting in better lower humidity air than the rest of the plant.
    Thanks for the suggestions, my grow is super stealthy so can't make any more noise even the misses doesn't know about it.
    Its my first grow and I mistakenly started of with photos let them veg for 8 weeks before realising and changing the lights to 12/12 so my biggest is very bushy and some of the lower leafs have started to come off probably due to lack of light anyway,they look healthy enough so maybe removing some bottom leaves wouldn't hurt.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dayglowfroggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-20), Jingo (30-06-20), Mac (01-07-20), scorpion (30-06-20)