Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: HLG Woes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I bought a Chinese tractor, but before I did it I did a whole bunch of research on their manufacturing system. Then I chose the factory that built the tractor and ordered from a specific factory.

The Chinese might have 10 different factories all making diodes and the quality can be from poor to great. They have ten more for making each and every component they manufacture every component for whatever they're building.

The factories in China are distributed by political decisions rather than any intelligent business decision.

The Chinese wanted to improve the quality of the products they manufacture so they decided to rate their factories internally. Then the highest rated factories would get components from the highest rated component manufacturers. They used this as a way of getting some market efficiency in a communist system, but it never killed off the least efficient factories like they wanted.

The factory that I ordered my tractor from was the highest rated in China, they actually had poured new concrete floors for their factory. All of the other factories and the component manufacturers had dirt floors. The reason they were able to do those improvements is they had partnered with the South Korean company.

So western and other eastern nations will partner with specific factories that are producing at high quality and they'll produce decent products. The problem is all of the other factories still exist and they're all producing the same kinds of components. Those other factories have to do something with their products. The very worst of them will simply go for an all-out fake, those are the ones you have the most problems with
    Jeebus that's hell of a lot of stuff I didn't know about China, cheers for that, it's fascinating stuff. Hope the tractor's still chugging away!

So with Samsung being a major South Korean company, would they have done a similar deal to assure quality? Any idea how many factories are making LEDs for Samsung? I've tried googling a whole bunch of terms but it gets pretty labyrinthine and most results focus on TVs and phones. I guess my question when ya boil it down is how many factories are making the LM301B (or H) diodes?

Just to murk up the water a bit more I see they make three types of the LM301, with a CRI of either 70+, 80+ or 90+, how come I've never seen that referenced on any spec sheet? It really is true the more you know the less you know.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chiefo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-07-20), Mac (10-07-20), scorpion (13-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

The H and B LM301 diodes are exactly the same. The H is for Horticulture so they can flog em to farmers No difference other than the letter

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-07-20), scorpion (13-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,284 Times

I bought a Chinese tractor, but before I did it I did a whole bunch of research on their manufacturing system. Then I chose the factory that built the tractor and ordered from a specific factory.

The Chinese might have 10 different factories all making diodes and the quality can be from poor to great. They have ten more for making each and every component they manufacture every component for whatever they're building.

The factories in China are distributed by political decisions rather than any intelligent business decision.

The Chinese wanted to improve the quality of the products they manufacture so they decided to rate their factories internally. Then the highest rated factories would get components from the highest rated component manufacturers. They used this as a way of getting some market efficiency in a communist system, but it never killed off the least efficient factories like they wanted.

The factory that I ordered my tractor from was the highest rated in China, they actually had poured new concrete floors for their factory. All of the other factories and the component manufacturers had dirt floors. The reason they were able to do those improvements is they had partnered with the South Korean company.

So western and other eastern nations will partner with specific factories that are producing at high quality and they'll produce decent products. The problem is all of the other factories still exist and they're all producing the same kinds of components. Those other factories have to do something with their products. The very worst of them will simply go for an all-out fake, those are the ones you have the most problems with.

J

We need gardos led knolage,the guy knows his stuff.
    It's nice to be nice.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Benson123 For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (10-07-20), gardro (30-08-20), GEORGE (10-07-20), Jingo (10-07-20), Lowrollerbean (10-07-20), Mac (10-07-20), scorpion (13-07-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

whats your thoughts on spiderfarmer led grow lights?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbaisland For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-20), Mac (30-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaisland View Post
    whats your thoughts on spiderfarmer led grow lights?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Theyre ok but wont have the quality assurance and performance of THE Quantum Board.

That said if they have a UK hub, all Chinese led manufacturers now do, ask them in the event of a fault will the return and replacement be with the UK.

If not then its risky

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

bubbaisland (31-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Mac (30-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Heya op id highly suggest research ALIBABA for real Samsung Quantum Boards.

Even if its a knock off, you can get a VERY solid knockoff nowadays for very cheap. they go $150 for a 240w lm301h + reds and meanwell driver. can get cheaper parts for as low as $90 but for me $150 for so much light is crazy. my 2x lm301b's run full power in a 1.2 sqm very evenly and hits 70k lux in the center, between the two boards

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-20), scoot (13-09-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

So western and other eastern nations will partner with specific factories that are producing at high quality and they'll produce decent products. The problem is all of the other factories still exist and they're all producing the same kinds of components. Those other factories have to do something with their products. The very worst of them will simply go for an all-out fake, those are the ones you have the most problems with.

J

Anyone with an interest in metal working has probably heard of the 7x14 Mini Lathe. Lots of vendors, varying quality. All of them get made in the same Chinese factory. The vendor sets the price and the quality reflects that.

A conversation I heard between stall holders back when computer fairs were a thing:

You know how this business works. Buyer says how much for 350w power supplies? Manufacturer says $8 each. Buyer says too much. Manufacturer says: No problem. I'll give you 300w power supplies for $7 each and will label them as 350w.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-20), Jingo (30-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    Anyone with an interest in metal working has probably heard of the 7x14 Mini Lathe. Lots of vendors, varying quality. All of them get made in the same Chinese factory. The vendor sets the price and the quality reflects that.

A conversation I heard between stall holders back when computer fairs were a thing:

You know how this business works. Buyer says how much for 350w power supplies? Manufacturer says $8 each. Buyer says too much. Manufacturer says: No problem. I'll give you 300w power supplies for $7 each and will label them as 350w.
    An awful lot of misunderstanding and generalisation when the it comes to West doing business with East. Some of the highest standards in the world are found in their factories. Problem comes when buyer expect quality for peanuts. Then joke is on buyer. "You ask for shit we will happily sell you shit and label it how you ask"

I recently commissioned some medical hardware that failed. We sent it back to Germany and replaced with Chinese. German supplier now outsourced its line to China in effort to pass out quality control.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-08-20), Jingo (30-08-20), scoot (13-09-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4