Thread: Dehumidifier/RH and fans

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Default Unanswered: Dehumidifier/RH and fans

So RH has been quite High over the last 36 hours, it's been 65-70. I know that still could be fine if air circulation is fine but currently I don't think mine will be. I bought another 12 inch fan but the fucker ain't coming til a weeks time so I'm going to order another for next day delivery. Haven't had any bud rot in ages but tent isn't normally this full and rh normally isn't normally over 60. So I've been looking at two dehumidifiers one does 12L per day and the other does 20L per day, is this enough for 1mx1mx2m tent ? Only problem I have is I'm looking at dehumidifiers and also looking in my tent and thinking I don't have no room for it... so not sure what to do. Any ideas ? Is there any ones that are quite small and compact but will do the job ? If I can't seem to think of solution with dehumidifier I may just over kill with fans and hope for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), Krofam (04-07-20), Mac (01-07-20), Miffy (05-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

A fan below the canopy line gently blowing among the stems is a great way to get the humidity moving up and out, towards your filter. Helps draw in the fresh air from your intake too

The extra fan you have coming will help, crank your extraction up too if possible.

I regret my dehumidifier and I'm trying hard not to have to run it again. I can watch the electric meter start smoking when it kicks in

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), Krofam (04-07-20), Stickysticky (01-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    A fan below the canopy line gently blowing among the stems is a great way to get the humidity moving up and out, towards your filter. Helps draw in the fresh air from your intake too

The extra fan you have coming will help, crank your extraction up too if possible.

I regret my dehumidifier and I'm trying hard not to have to run it again. I can watch the electric meter start smoking when it kicks in
    A fan below would defiantly be a great shout it's just getting the fucker positioned right and the wires are never long enough. I could always extend the wire mind, extraction is on full and I've got the intake on the highest I can anymore it wouldn't really be neg pressure. Personally if possible I'd rather not use dehumidifier and like I said I don't think I'll fit the fucker in there. RH outside the tent is abit lower 57/58. I'll try see if I can get intake abit higher other than that fans fans fans. I just just shot another taker fan in there laid on the floor for time being, misses won't be happy but I buy the fuckers anyway.
    I'll check back up there soon make sure no smell is leaking

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), Krofam (04-07-20), Mac (01-07-20)

Thanks

RH was even past 70 at one point yesterday. anyway I'm adding two more 12 inch fans so that will be 3 in total and then another tower fan will be in there at times. So two tower fans aswell. May just purchase a dehumidifier, hopefully I can fit it in some where and if not I'll just have to rig something up

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-20), Krofam (04-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

a good defoliation will help rh alot. how much time do you leave from when you feed till lights go out?

as for the fan blowing up, a tower fan is much easier to fit under the canopy facing upwards.

i would put the dehumidifier outside the tent and as close to intake duct as possible. so dehumidified air coming out of it gets sucked straight in.
    2 would be even better. set to 45%.
    if lights off rh is the issue the run them during lights of. i find this is usually the case

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20), Mac (05-07-20), Stickysticky (05-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krofam View Post
    a good defoliation will help rh alot. how much time do you leave from when you feed till lights go out?

as for the fan blowing up, a tower fan is much easier to fit under the canopy facing upwards.

i would put the dehumidifier outside the tent and as close to intake duct as possible. so dehumidified air coming out of it gets sucked straight in.
    2 would be even better. set to 45%.
    if lights off rh is the issue the run them during lights of. i find this is usually the case
    Thanks for the advice.. they are autos so lights are only off for 1 hour so not much changes in that time. I didn't buy dehumidifier as I have seem to got it under control a little bit better but if I did buy one it would have to go outside the tent so what you said would be ideal. Rh is currently 59 which I think with the airflow I have I should be fine but I could be wrong. It shoots up a little after feeding for a short period, I dropped feeding to once a day instead of twice it seems to have helped and they still seem happy. Just struggling with temps a little which is about 25-26 near the canopy which I prefer it to be a little higher for them.

Cheers krofam

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20), Krofam (05-07-20), Mac (05-07-20)

Thanks

I don't have much experience with defoliation but I know it would help I'm just not sure when and where. I have stripped the bottom of these girls and done abit of light defoliation but haven't done anymore since then as I didn't want to go to far and don't have much experience with it

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20), Mac (05-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,588 Times
    Provided Answers: 6

start by removing the oldest and biggest leaves first. these usually tend to be the ones to show deficiencies first too.
    as a general rule, any leaves bigger than my hand, get chopped

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krofam For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20), Stickysticky (05-07-20)