Thread: Stunted Plant Advice

Thanks

Default Stunted Plant Advice

Hi, I'm a new forum member and need some help with my plant. It is 5 weeks old and severely stunted, I am growing in soil with perlite in and single plant under a 250w Mars hydro LED. Temps 25 to 32. Humidity 40% older leaves seem to dry up at the edges. Leaves appear dark green in the middle but lighter round the edges.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200629_202114.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	385209

Name:	20200629_202059.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	385208

Ive grown lots of plants in the past and never encounted such severe stunting. Not over watering and allowing soil to dry before rewatering.

Any advice what could be wrong?

Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjbud331 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), Jingo (01-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jjbud331 View Post
    Hi, I'm a new forum member and need some help with my plant. It is 5 weeks old and severely stunted, I am growing in soil with perlite in and single plant under a 250w Mars hydro LED. Temps 25 to 32. Humidity 40% older leaves seem to dry up at the edges. Leaves appear dark green in the middle but lighter round the edges.

Name:	20200629_202114.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	385209

Name:	20200629_202059.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	385208

Ive grown lots of plants in the past and never encounted such severe stunting. Not over watering and allowing soil to dry before rewatering.

Any advice what could be wrong?

Thanks
    They tend to grow A little slower, under low Light. JMO

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

It's possible to underwater and get the same kind of appearing plant as if you over water. The problem is the roots die back each time the soil dries out and you never get a big root ball so you never get a big plant. It may sound a little crazy but I get curious about my root health every once in a while and I just pop the plant out of the pot and have a look at it. If you take it out of the pot and there's a lot of loose soil around the edge you know you're underwatering. If you take it out and there's a smelly mess at the bottom you know you're over watering.

If you have a quality soil and a good-looking root ball, then you probably have genetics that are bad and who knows you might want to just bin it then.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), Priapus (01-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

Auto or photo?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20)