Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: spirituality

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post

I related the story and watched the expressions on my aunt's faces as well as my mother's. My aunts looked surprised and a little wide-eyed, my mother looked kind of calculating like she always does. Then she told me plainly that those people died before I was born, they'd gone for a drive after church and gone off the road into the river and drowned. She said that I saw them in their church clothes.
    Who knows, Jingo?

My instinct would be to look at a simpler and more logical explanation.

For me, by 7, I'd heard a huge quantity of family folklore.

Mix your great story (first heard as a sentient 4-year-old) with playing with a group of mates and doing something where you were shitting-your-pants-scared and worried that you'd be told off when you arrived home?

I think I would have told them a story that I knew but knew they didn't know I knew at that point.

And when I'd got away with it, I may have purposely miss-remembered it and filed it in my, "Phew...I'll try that again another day!" folder.

I'm certainly not demeaning the memory or your story but, rather, providing a plausible alternative...I hope.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Jingo (01-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20), WhIpLaSh (01-07-20)

Thanks

Or, I'm a psychopath and that's the way I've thought since aged 4.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (02-07-20), Blue61 (02-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), ferghini7 (03-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Jingo (01-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20), WhIpLaSh (01-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Or, I'm a psychopath and that's the way I've thought since aged 4.
    This gets my vote, personally

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Herbitual (01-07-20), Jingo (01-07-20), MrC (02-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Who knows, Jingo?

My instinct would be to look at a simpler and more logical explanation.

For me, by 7, I'd heard a huge quantity of family folklore.

Mix your great story (first heard as a sentient 4-year-old) with playing with a group of mates and doing something where you were shitting-your-pants-scared and worried that you'd be told off when you arrived home?

I think I would have told them a story that I knew but knew they didn't know I knew at that point.

And when I'd got away with it, I may have purposely miss-remembered it and filed it in my, "Phew...I'll try that again another day!" folder.

I'm certainly not demeaning the memory or your story but, rather, providing a plausible alternative...I hope.
    I was once jogging down a road at 19 years of age, this road was about 3 mi of nothing out in the country with thick brush and trees on each side. The road was elevated about 10 ft above the surrounding terrain because the ground was quite soggy.

I was jogging along this road I and wouldn't see any cars it was that isolated, but I would look up and down at the shoulder of the road in front of me as I was running watching for rocks cracks or whatever I can roll my ankle on.

I would run along listening to steely Dan on this big old Panasonic portable walkman type thing that you had to stick in a cassette cartridge to play FM radio.

I would look down at the shoulder and up ahead of me and down at the shoulder and up ahead of me and I look down at the shoulder and BAM there was this very distraught and drab looking person, very plain clothes just odd looking woman. She was reaching straight out for me and asking are you my son? I instantly backed away and went out in the road to avoid her My radar just said watch it for this woman, I told her several times no you're not my mother I just came from her house. I got around her and I was afraid to turn my back on her I felt like she was going to sink some claws into me or something, but after I'd run about 30-40 ft I looked back and she was gone. I had to run back by that same location didn't see or feel anything strange so I just went on home.

The next day I drove back and I found a spot to park my truck and I went down along the shoulder looking for my tracks, I found them, I even found where they went out into the pavement and back onto the shoulder again. The woman didn't leave any tracks. Nevertheless I walked up and down the shoulder and scanned the woods knowing that there's a farmhouse 2 mi through those thick woods and I saw a little game trail. I hadn't gone very far into the woods when I could hear a well running and started to watch where I put my feet. Then I found an opening and the foundation of an old house, all that was left was the cedar that I'm at the used to build houses in that area back in the day. There was an old wood spoke wheel with a rubber tire on it to looked like it came off an old model A or something. I picked up a Sterling silver spoon right out of the duff. I searched around a bit and became convinced that I had seen a ghost from this old abandoned homestead.

I decided to drive around and it was about a 10-mile drive around to get to the farm that was 2 mi through the woods, I related that I'd seen a woman out there on the road and how she was dressed and what she looked like and they said she didn't come from there or any place they knew.

Simplest explanation would be a woman went missing in the woods and nobody missed her

I would imagine that people from you can Europe are very acquainted with ghosts and odd happenings, so much history in that part of the world.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), ferghini7 (02-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Lowrollerbean (03-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I would imagine that people from you can Europe are very acquainted with ghosts and odd happenings, so much history in that part of the world.
    Not really, Jingo.

We sacked the national football manager 25 years ago for listening to a faith healer called Eileen Drewery.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (02-07-20), Blue61 (02-07-20), British green (01-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Lowrollerbean (03-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Thanks

Not really, Jingo.

We sacked the national football manager 25 years ago for listening to a faith healer called Eileen Drewery.
    I'm surprised that everybody in the UK hasn't seen a ghost or heard a ghost or experienced something.

It's not really faith, I think you confuse that issue. It's just perception of subtler things that are around you all the time. I don't have any problem believing in fairies and sprites I've seen them. I think everybody can see and experience the subtler things in nature as they remove themselves from the world that's built up around us.

Maybe it's just the fact that I can walk out my backyard and sit bare ass down on the ground and not see a car or hear an airplane or have to wave at anybody or any other thing. Maybe it's just being far enough away from people to tune in with what exists all around us all the time.

I would really encourage you to read a book called The secret Life of plants. They do quite a few scientific experiments with plants that show a certain connectedness, that people could call psychicness.

Heck, researchers have observed that living yogurt gives off a specific energy when you feed it sugars. And a specific energy when it isn't being fed. The curious thing they found was when they divided a yogurt culture and separated them even by distance, they would feed one culture and the other would give off the same energy as if it was being fed. Subtle energies are the simplest explanation for what most people would call psychic yogurt.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), ferghini7 (02-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Lowrollerbean (03-07-20), scoot (01-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

The closest I've come to that was under the influence of something I'm not allowed to talk about on this forum

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (02-07-20), Blue61 (02-07-20), British green (01-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Herbitual (01-07-20), Lowrollerbean (03-07-20), MrC (02-07-20), scoot (01-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    The closest I've come to that was under the influence of something I'm not allowed to talk about on this forum
    That's what shamans throughout history have done to get in touch with that other world.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-07-20), British green (01-07-20), Easy-T (01-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Lowrollerbean (03-07-20), MrC (02-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Tia Maria?

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (02-07-20), Blue61 (02-07-20), British green (01-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Jingo (01-07-20), Lowrollerbean (03-07-20), MrC (02-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,404 Times

I remember when we had a house next to the graveyard in Largs(west coast of Scotland) just as you come down the hailey brae from Kilbirnie,we had a stone a driveway so if someone walked on it you would hear them,I used to see my dog hackles up baring teeth and growling at the wall towards the driveway,one day I was sitting in the living room which had a glass door I was watching TV when the dog turned to the door hackles up,teeth bared and growling I looked around and seen a shadow stop and look at me through the frosted glass then carry on walking,I ran into my room grabbed a machete and checked the house every window locked,front and back doors locked,I still get a little tingle when I think about that day.
    I don't believe in ghosts,spirits,gods,etc.etc. but I cannot for the life of me explain what happened that day.

Another time I had a vivid dream and told 2 friends about it,2 weeks later we were at a party in Glasgow,a joint got passed and the exact words I told my friends were exchanged between 2 other people my friends stopped and looked at me both saying "you told us that 2 weeks ago",how I wish it had been f'ng lottery numbers instead.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-07-20), ferghini7 (02-07-20), GEORGE (01-07-20), Jingo (01-07-20), Lowrollerbean (03-07-20), Valentina (02-07-20)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast