Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using Residue from Grinder to Bake

Thanks

Default Using Residue from Grinder to Bake

Hello,

So I just cleaned my Grinder with isopropyl alcohol and had it soaking in it. Now I have a small cup of alcohol with all the residue in it.

I've read a lot of places that you wait for the alcohol to evaporate off and use the oil that's leftover to make edibles, but I was wondering if I could just pour the whole mixture, alcohol included, into a baking mix for better mixing consistency and have the alcohol burn off during baking.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insights on this?

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackBriar7 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), Mac (02-07-20), Vlad the Inhaler (01-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBriar7 View Post
    Hello,

So I just cleaned my Grinder with isopropyl alcohol and had it soaking in it. Now I have a small cup of alcohol with all the residue in it.

I've read a lot of places that you wait for the alcohol to evaporate off and use the oil that's leftover to make edibles, but I was wondering if I could just pour the whole mixture, alcohol included, into a baking mix for better mixing consistency and have the alcohol burn off during baking.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insights on this?

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like it’ll catch fire! Probably best to wait cos that iso can go BOOM!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-20), Mac (02-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Inhaler View Post
    Sounds like it’ll catch fire! Probably best to wait cos that iso can go BOOM!
    Add some cooking oil to your alcohol mixture before you boil off all your alcohol. That way you can stir the concentrated cannabis oil in with the cooking oil and use the cooking oil in whatever baked goods you make. Or alternately you could add butter just before you get down to the low quantities where it doesn't mix well.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-20), Lowrollerbean (04-07-20), Mac (02-07-20), Vlad the Inhaler (02-07-20)

Thanks

I guess I quoted the wrong post, if you don't want to catch fire boiling off the alcohol. Lock up your cat or your little dog so it doesn't rub up against your leg and cause a static discharge because alcohol vapors are heavier than air and they'll settle down around your feet. So keep that cigarette in your mouth don't lower it down by the countertop

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-20), Lowrollerbean (04-07-20), Mac (02-07-20), Vlad the Inhaler (02-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I guess I quoted the wrong post, if you don't want to catch fire boiling off the alcohol. Lock up your cat or your little dog so it doesn't rub up against your leg and cause a static discharge because alcohol vapors are heavier than air and they'll settle down around your feet. So keep that cigarette in your mouth don't lower it down by the countertop

This BHO is the same, it evaperate at 0 degrees.
    Boom, if you aren't really careful.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (02-07-20), Vlad the Inhaler (02-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

That herbies made a post a while bk and said you can soak your trim/bud in ISO alcohol and after draining it off, just leave it in a ventilated room and it'll evaporate by itself without heating it? That true?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-20), Mac (02-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    That herbies made a post a while bk and said you can soak your trim/bud in ISO alcohol and after draining it off, just leave it in a ventilated room and it'll evaporate by itself without heating it? That true?
    Actually you can use a mug warmer to reduce your alcohol down it takes a couple days but it's very safe.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-20), Mac (02-07-20), MrC (02-07-20)

Thanks

The way they described it was to basically not heat it at all, literally just leave it on the side in a ventilated room/garage etc and it will evaporate without any heat, just left alone? Don't wanna soak my trim then leave it without heat only to find a puddle of shite when I check on it lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Ideally you want a purge unit to get all that iso out but in a pinch yes you can leave it out on the side to evaporate. Keep it well ventilated as the fumes are highly flammable, more so than the liquid.

When its dry scrape with a razor blade to get all the resin up and roll it in ya fingers then flatten it out, do it a few times to let the stuff trapped inside evaporate too.

It won't taste the best without a purge but can be a life saver on a cold wet dankrupt night

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-07-20), MrC (02-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Ideally you want a purge unit to get all that iso out but in a pinch yes you can leave it out on the side to evaporate. Keep it well ventilated as the fumes are highly flammable, more so than the liquid.

When its dry scrape with a razor blade to get all the resin up and roll it in ya fingers then flatten it out, do it a few times to let the stuff trapped inside evaporate too.

It won't taste the best without a purge but can be a life saver on a cold wet dankrupt night
    Ok man thanks, when you say "purge" do you just mean some kind of heat? Obviously not a naked flame I'm assuming, just something it can sit on, like jingo says, a mug warmer etc?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast