Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello from the UK

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Welcome to the talk dude, enjoy.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

G' (05-07-20), Le chef (08-07-20), Mac (03-07-20), Valentina (05-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Hey man,

B&Q Verve w/ perlite is perfect - it'll get you through about 4 weeks before adding any nutrients. If you can, get the 10L bags rather than the 50L++ ones. It's stored inside and it is definitely finer.

Do you know anything about your water from the tap? Hard or soft?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Bud goode (09-07-20), Cloverfield (10-07-20), G' (05-07-20), GEORGE (03-07-20), Le chef (08-07-20), Mac (03-07-20), Valentina (05-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Welcome to the talk brother you growing auto's or photo's mukka ??? i grow in soil and find that some soils that suit photo's don't suit auto's, good luck mate
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Cloverfield (10-07-20), GEORGE (05-07-20), Le chef (08-07-20), Mac (05-07-20), Valentina (05-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Hey man,

B&Q Verve w/ perlite is perfect - it'll get you through about 4 weeks before adding any nutrients. If you can, get the 10L bags rather than the 50L++ ones. It's stored inside and it is definitely finer.

Do you know anything about your water from the tap? Hard or soft?
    Thanks, mate
    That simplifies the soil which was a bit of a headache because of all the PH this and Ph that. But the water isn't that much of a problem as I have an account with 'Spotless Water' for my fish tanks. Now its come in useful for my grow room as well.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fabian_Pruit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20), Le chef (08-07-20), Mac (05-07-20), Valentina (05-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    Welcome to the talk brother you growing auto's or photo's mukka ??? i grow in soil and find that some soils that suit photo's don't suit auto's, good luck mate
    No disrespect mate, but I haven't the slightest idea of what you just said. I expect over time I'll know my auto's from my photo's but for now I'm going to put the seeds in some soil from B&Q turn on the light bulbs and constantly water and aerate the plants till they get big. Then bake them in scones as I don't smoke. This way I'll enjoy the fruits of my labour and ease the pain of my arthritis at the same time. I expect I'll gain knowledge over time as it can't be that hard to grow plants, my gardens full of them.

Thanks a lot and be safe.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fabian_Pruit For This Useful Post:

Bud goode (09-07-20), G' (05-07-20), GEORGE (05-07-20), Le chef (08-07-20), Mac (05-07-20), Valentina (05-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I hear yah mate, you will learn as you go along though it's best to know if your growing auto's or photo's did you buy the seeds from a seed company ??? or were you given them ??? auto's are exactly as the name suggests and flower automatically most grow them on a 18 hours of lights on and 6 hours lights off schedule though they can be grown with lights on 24 hours, photo's are usually grown 18 hours lights on 6 hours off for around the first 5 weeks or so then lights are switched to 12 hours on 12 hours off which coaxes them into flowering, i feel your pain with the arthritis mate i too suffer from it and make cannabis balm to rub on my joints and believe me it works miracles maybe something you could try when you get your first crop as it's quite easy to make the way i do it and don't worry bro' you'll get loads of help here on the talk regarding your grow and if you make edibles, balms and salves etc', good luck mate, G'.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20), Le chef (08-07-20), Mac (05-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian_Pruit View Post
    No disrespect mate, but I haven't the slightest idea of what you just said. I expect over time I'll know my auto's from my photo's but for now I'm going to put the seeds in some soil from B&Q turn on the light bulbs and constantly water and aerate the plants till they get big. Then bake them in scones as I don't smoke. This way I'll enjoy the fruits of my labour and ease the pain of my arthritis at the same time. I expect I'll gain knowledge over time as it can't be that hard to grow plants, my gardens full of them.

Thanks a lot and be safe.
    What light bulbs you using mate ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud goode For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-20)

Thanks

Hello Bud
    Before I tell you about the lights I got a couple of things I need to say.

At 75 and a pensioner, I don't have funds to buy these high tech gizmo lights you see on YouTube all different colors and sizes. My grow space is only 5ft wide X 2ft deep and 6ft hight so I can only grow 4 plants, which gives enough space for each plant's leaves to spread out when they are 2 or 3ft high.

I bought 16 Philips 13.5W LED BC B22 GLS Very Warm White ( I had one in my kitchen and it was really bright as though it was daylight at night) so I can have 4 in a group above each plant wired in series and connected to a timer to come on every 12hrs. I'm sure everyone is shaking their heads and saying this won't work.

Well, it has too as I can't afford anything else at the moment. I'm growing these plants for my own use and not flogging them on street corners to every low life I know.

Its merely for my Arthritis and I'll be making balm to rub into my joints and perhaps cooking the odd cookie as well.

I hope this doesn't embarrass you too much but I'm just doing this as a test to see if it works and also to give my doctor a kick in the mouth as he dismissed my pleas for help when the pain was getting really bad.

Stay safe

Fabian.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fabian_Pruit For This Useful Post:

Cloverfield (10-07-20), GEORGE (10-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian_Pruit View Post
    Hello Bud
    Before I tell you about the lights I got a couple of things I need to say.

At 75 and a pensioner, I don't have funds to buy these high tech gizmo lights you see on YouTube all different colors and sizes. My grow space is only 5ft wide X 2ft deep and 6ft hight so I can only grow 4 plants, which gives enough space for each plant's leaves to spread out when they are 2 or 3ft high.

I bought 16 Philips 13.5W LED BC B22 GLS Very Warm White ( I had one in my kitchen and it was really bright as though it was daylight at night) so I can have 4 in a group above each plant wired in series and connected to a timer to come on every 12hrs. I'm sure everyone is shaking their heads and saying this won't work.

Well, it has too as I can't afford anything else at the moment. I'm growing these plants for my own use and not flogging them on street corners to every low life I know.

Its merely for my Arthritis and I'll be making balm to rub into my joints and perhaps cooking the odd cookie as well.

I hope this doesn't embarrass you too much but I'm just doing this as a test to see if it works and also to give my doctor a kick in the mouth as he dismissed my pleas for help when the pain was getting really bad.

Stay safe

Fabian.
    Good luck Fabian. I am just getting started myself and was gifted BioBizz soil and all the nutrients etc. So I just went with that. Look forward to hearing your updates.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloverfield For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-07-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2