Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New Migro Aray rocking 2.42 efficacy :o

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,506 Times

Ohh I’m going to be paying attention to this as I’m still a bulb boy have always liked the idea of the new lights but just too much information that I have got lost in details, and with my epilepsy my mind can’t or want hold feck all in so this I will be watching with delight. Hope it gives them lady’s a beautiful healthy life before you cut their legs off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skunkpunch For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), GEORGE (23-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (24-08-20), Utenzo (30-08-20)

Thanks

Nice efficiency numbers!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrowGlow For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), GEORGE (24-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (24-08-20), Utenzo (30-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Congrats on the new lights Utenzo, would be great for you to show us what they can do!
    Although it is a bit early, I would like to share my first impressions with all of you about the new lights after 10 days of use on my newborn seedlings.
    I am using them at about 30% (note that the dimmer label shows only 10% and 100% so it is impossible to know exactly where you are and also it cannot turn them off but unfortunately only reduce the power up to 10%).
    The two little ones are a Blueberry Domina Auto (I did it already many times it is my "test plant") and an Autopilot XXL of M.o.C. (first time for me, it was a gift).
    Compared to what I expected I see them a bit small to have 10 days, what do you think?
    I must say that the environmental conditions are a bit poor, 30 ° Celsius 47% -50% Rh I'm trying to improve the situation at least for the humidity but it's very hot outside there is little to do.
    Meanwhile for fun I built a "hack" for integrating some UVB during late flowering (dear Shane I did it before you did! Lol), in the following photos they are 4 simple 6500K CFL bulbs 23W but I have already got some 23W reptile bulbs which I will replace when the time comes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200830_142744.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	387546

Name:	IMG_20200830_142711.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	387547

Regarding the spectrum I think that the CFL at 6500K maybe could be even better than these Migro model in the vegetative phase but the temperature has inevitably risen a bit by adding only 4 bulbs.
    I believe that in a few days I will remove the CFLs and raise the power of the LEDs to 50%.
    The 120W model having only one cable spins a lot on itself (I think that's why it is not shown in any migro video) , this is not the best if you have other objects that could be hit for example a fan or your own eye!
    Inside the box there was even a sheet that warned of this bizarre thing considering it even useful for the purpose of better diffusion of light on various corners of the plant.
    Another inconvenience of this feature is that you cannot direct it in any way but also keeping it perfectly horizontal is very difficult.
    My previous homemade system consisted of one similar to the CFL block in the photos but with 12 bulbs and in addition a reflector hooked to two chains on top, in this way I could raise one side more than the other if the two plants had different heights . Also I could direct the individual bulbs where I wanted.
    It undoubtedly took up a lot of space in the tent, heated a lot and consumed more than double... the race is therefore still open!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Utenzo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), IceCalibur (05-10-20), Jingo (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (31-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Utenzo View Post
    Although it is a bit early, I would like to share my first impressions with all of you about the new lights after 10 days of use on my newborn seedlings.
    I am using them at about 30% (note that the dimmer label shows only 10% and 100% so it is impossible to know exactly where you are and also it cannot turn them off but unfortunately only reduce the power up to 10%).
    The two little ones are a Blueberry Domina Auto (I did it already many times it is my "test plant") and an Autopilot XXL of M.o.C. (first time for me, it was a gift).
    Compared to what I expected I see them a bit small to have 10 days, what do you think?
    I must say that the environmental conditions are a bit poor, 30 ° Celsius 47% -50% Rh I'm trying to improve the situation at least for the humidity but it's very hot outside there is little to do.
    Meanwhile for fun I built a "hack" for integrating some UVB during late flowering (dear Shane I did it before you did! Lol), in the following photos they are 4 simple 6500K CFL bulbs 23W but I have already got some 23W reptile bulbs which I will replace when the time comes.

Regarding the spectrum I think that the CFL at 6500K maybe could be even better than these Migro model in the vegetative phase but the temperature has inevitably risen a bit by adding only 4 bulbs.
    I believe that in a few days I will remove the CFLs and raise the power of the LEDs to 50%.
    The 120W model having only one cable spins a lot on itself (I think that's why it is not shown in any migro video) , this is not the best if you have other objects that could be hit for example a fan or your own eye!
    Inside the box there was even a sheet that warned of this bizarre thing considering it even useful for the purpose of better diffusion of light on various corners of the plant.
    Another inconvenience of this feature is that you cannot direct it in any way but also keeping it perfectly horizontal is very difficult.
    My previous homemade system consisted of one similar to the CFL block in the photos but with 12 bulbs and in addition a reflector hooked to two chains on top, in this way I could raise one side more than the other if the two plants had different heights . Also I could direct the individual bulbs where I wanted.
    It undoubtedly took up a lot of space in the tent, heated a lot and consumed more than double... the race is therefore still open!
    UVB causes cancer no?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (31-08-20), Utenzo (30-08-20)

9. Default

Since I don't know anything about these particular LEDs (and to be honest I'm still learning about my own LEDs lol), I would suggest you contact Migro themselves and ask them how close to the seedlings you should have them at seedling stage and how much to dim them down, whenever I have been in contact with Shane and Migro, they have always responded with all of my queries.

I think you know the current conditions are not ideal, I would get some airflow going in there, not directly at the seedlings, but have them fluttering gently, try to get the temps down and the humidity up, some use domes, others use humidifiers and something I've personally done in the past (in a pinch) is to place a few small pots in there with water inside and some small towels half inside the pots and half outside, like a wick..it all helps if other options are not viable for you right now.

I would definitely advise not to make any drastic changes with regards to increasing the power of your lights until you have contacted Migro..or read some documentation/information on them that they have provided with the light...these LED's are powerful and would hate to see you fry them.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (31-08-20), Skunkpunch (30-08-20), Utenzo (30-08-20)

Thanks

Heres 120 + red spec sheet

Thats at 6 inches

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (31-08-20), Skunkpunch (30-08-20), Utenzo (30-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    UVB causes cancer no?
    Yes for sure! Infact it is suggested to use them when nobody is around for few hours a day last couple of week before harvest for a bit of potency and flavour improvement (they say up to 15% more or less).

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Utenzo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), gardro (30-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (31-08-20)

Thanks

Yes for sure! Infact it is suggested to use them when nobody is around for few hours a day last couple of week before harvest for a bit of potency and flavour improvement (they say up to 15% more or less).
    I knew you knew but im certain others may not so just wanted to be clear before others may start having ideas.

PS 430-460 Blue has same effect

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    I knew you knew but im certain others may not so just wanted to be clear before others may start having ideas.

PS 430-460 Blue has same effect
    Yes I also think that blue is pretty much the same but I like to try new stuff and make some comparison. I saw a video with Shane visiting a big company that produces essential olis and they seems to be very impressed about the effect of UV lights in their recent experiments.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Utenzo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (30-08-20), gardro (30-08-20), GEORGE (30-08-20), Krofam (31-08-20), Mac (31-08-20)

Thanks

Yes I also think that blue is pretty much the same but I like to try new stuff and make some comparison. I saw a video with Shane visiting a big company that produces essential olis and they seems to be very impressed about the effect of UV lights in their recent experiments.
    Shane seems like a nice chap and one reference to follow. Hes trying to sell lights so pinch of salt required imho.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast