Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fan leaves at the bottom are getting light green

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

You really don't want to be pHing your nutrients when you're in soil, especially when you're trying to change the output pH. The output pH is going to be determined more by your feed level than anything else. So if you don't like your output pH change your feed level. The minute you started messing around pH in your feed you increase your risk of having an actual lockout dramatically.

Many growers use smaller pots so they can feed and water more frequently thereby getting more oxygen to the roots and growing bigger plants. What your nutrient supplier said only makes sense if you're not using nutrients.

Really looks pretty normal for a plant in flower, it just started to go pale a bit earlier than most probably just hungry.

You're correct that you want to keep an eye on the new growth and some of the mids leaves to judge whether you've got the right nutrient mix. Those old leaves will just continue to yellow and fall off.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-20)

Thanks

Hi jingo,

I didnt understand too much your point and what you mean by nutrient level. When you say that you mean nutrient quantity?
    When i mix tap water with nutrients i get 7.2 ph, so i ph down to 6.3 to water my plants, you say that this is not a correct approach?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chankao For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Quote Originally Posted by chankao View Post
    Hi jingo,

I didnt understand too much your point and what you mean by nutrient level. When you say that you mean nutrient quantity?
    When i mix tap water with nutrients i get 7.2 ph, so i ph down to 6.3 to water my plants, you say that this is not a correct approach?
    I read something above where you said you had been measuring your output pH your runoff pH and then adjusting your input pH to try and change that. That is wrong. Your output pH changes mostly because of your plants nutrient uptake. So if you want to be measuring run off you need to learn exactly what it's telling you. I personally don't bother measuring runoff.

Your plant really looked like it was just a little bit hungry as if you could have fed your basic fertilizer NPK just a little bit more than you were or a little longer.

Do you have calcium and magnesium?

Your plant will build bigger buds if you use some of that towards the end and it will green up other leaves besides those lowest. That would probably be all it would take to get you through, as far as correcting things goes.

Do any of your nutrients contain sulfur?

Often you find that in bloom nutrients.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-07-20), GEORGE (07-07-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2