Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Default What am I doing wrong?

I just began my 1st ever DWC grow, only a couple of plants for now. I put them inside my tent (80x80x180cm) a couple of days ago, just under two weeks after they sprouted. And the roots immediately began turning black/brown. The water temp is high (25-26°C) and that's the only thing I can think of? I've brought some hydroguard to see if that helps but only time will tell. I attached a picture but it's hard to get a good shot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200704_174650.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	385329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200704_174736.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	385327

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to User2020 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-20), Jingo (04-07-20), Monsterdad (05-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

Yeah unfortunately you've got root rot, hydroguard will help but nothing's better than getting those temperatures down. You may need to buy a chiller if that's the way you want to grow, you can also get a case of 1 l bottles of water and throw them in the freezer and then just trade them in and out of that reservoir until you're done.

Or you could simply ditch your hydro set up and go with Coco you can probably get by with the same nutrients. You just need one good pot and a little bit of coco fiber, you already have the rest of the supplies.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-20), Greengrass (04-07-20)

Thanks

I got some big ice blocks but they float instead of sink, forcing the roots out of the water. I even tried tieing 2 together but they still floated, strange because they're quite heavy too.

I've only done 1 grow in the past and that was with a 4 pot Wilma dripping system and that went great, maybe after I see how this goes I'll revert back to that. Abit annoying cuz I had to buy buckets air pumps etc.

Hopefully the hydroguard fixes it. Ain't got that money for a chiller right now, they're quite pricey if I'm not mistaken. I could do without any extra noise aswell.

If the hydroguard don't work ill defo have to look into going down the coco soil route tho. Cheers mate

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to User2020 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-20), Greengrass (04-07-20), Jingo (04-07-20)

Thanks

I'd get rid of one of the dwc tbh, 2 will be far too hard to handle in that small space. I use the same size tent and I struggle with one in there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monsterdad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20), Jingo (05-07-20)