Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DIY led light

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Yeah you could do mate, although fitting them inside the casing might be tricky. I have a much smaller scale Samsung strip setup in my PC case in my sig - you could do a scaled up version of something ike that if you wanted. I feel like if I was getting new LEDs new drivers and new heatsink material is there much point keeping the boxes? Loads of options with DIY LED building of course, and I'm sure there's some on here more up to date with 2020 tech than I am - how much were you planning on spending?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    Yeah you could do mate, although fitting them inside the casing might be tricky. I have a much smaller scale Samsung strip setup in my PC case in my sig - you could do a scaled up version of something ike that if you wanted. I feel like if I was getting new LEDs new drivers and new heatsink material is there much point keeping the boxes? Loads of options with DIY LED building of course, and I'm sure there's some on here more up to date with 2020 tech than I am - how much were you planning on spending?
    Sorry for late reply, your results from the pc grows looks great what’s the model of the driver and lights?

I was thinking I wanted to do something with them instead of throwing them away but from the comments here it’s probably best to give up on them, it was just for a bit of extra light, I think il wait until the winter and see what happens with another 600w inside because now I can barely run the 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xSmoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), thelastrebel (15-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by xSmoker View Post
    Sorry for late reply, your results from the pc grows looks great what’s the model of the driver and lights?

I was thinking I wanted to do something with them instead of throwing them away but from the comments here it’s probably best to give up on them, it was just for a bit of extra light, I think il wait until the winter and see what happens with another 600w inside because now I can barely run the 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah just food for thought man, they're Samsung Q series strips and a meanwell lpf driver if memory serves - there's loads of things you can do with DIY lights if that's the route you want to take but yeah if it's primarily to make use of the old light's casing it might not make much financial sense.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2