Thread: Is everything ok with my plants?

Thanks

Default Is everything ok with my plants?

1st - plant 47 day
    2nd - plant 46 day

Previously I suspected phosphorus and nitrogen deficiency (yellowing and dying lower leaves and red branches at the leaves). The plants then received 120% of the dose of fertilizer and it seemed that the problem had disappeared. The branches did not turn red anymore and the leaves stopped dying. It was four waterings ago. The next watering was water, then water+fertiliser 100% of the dose and yesterday only water.

In the second plant, dying of the leaves doesn't progress, but the first plant makes me nervous.
    It seems to me that the damaged lower leaves are a few more than it was, but maybe it's just an impression and these are the leaves that the plant has started sucking up before and sucking them up to the end. At the bottom of the plant some branches and leaves are very bright. They are small, looking like young leaves, the big ones are of a normal colour.

Yesterday when I was just watering, I checked the ph of the water that leaked out from the pot. It reached about 8. I measure them every time I water, both with and without fertilisers. It has never been so high, usually the maximum was 7 when I was giving the fertilizer. I know it could have been flushed out by that earlier watering. I don't know if I should be worried about that, and could that be the reason for how my plant looks?

And one more thing. My plants are taller than the manufacturer stated on the site when I bought my seeds. The 1st is 20 cm more and the 2nd is 26 cm more.
    The sizes given by the manufacturer:
    1st: up to 80 cm (indoor), up to 90 cm (outdoor) - currently it has 100 cm
    2nd: up to 50 cm (indoor), up to 60 cm (outdoor) - currently 76 cm.

*Potted Soil: BioBizz Light-Mix
    *Fertilizer: BioBizz Bio-Grow, BioBizz Bio-Bloom, BioBizz Top-Max
    *Flowerpots: 9L (1st) and 7L (2nd)
    *Lighting: COB LED Citizen CLU048, color 3500k, 100W (currently set to 60-70W)
    *Temperature: 22-23 degrees.
    *Humidity: 40-60%
    *Water pH: 6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	385509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	385510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	385511  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BearSmalls For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-20), scoobywho (09-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,482 Times

I'm really starting to think theres a connection between mystery yellowing and using LEDs. My first grow i had zero issues and i used CFLs. Since then my subsequent 4 grows have all had severe yellowing issues. Thats despite using different soil and nutes on each grow. Using COB LEd and a Blurple

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priapus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

Are you letting them completely dry out before watering? I had this issue and now I will wait until the leafs start to wilt before I water again and have not had the same issue again.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-20), Miami Russian (09-07-20), scoobywho (09-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

If ya under Led then the light intensity can cause purpling on the leaf stems, petioles.

The breeders height specs is just a rough estimate mate, to many variables in growrooms that can change the way the plant grows like large swings in day and night temps and loads more.

Tbh mate they look pretty good to me, it's normal to lose a few leaves at the bottom since they recieve the least light and your plants are tall anyways so wont have alot of light down there to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

BearSmalls (09-07-20), Cont3 (09-07-20), GEORGE (09-07-20)

Thanks

Now I have noticed that the leaf tips (not all, only those at the end of the leaf) are brighter. At the first plant the main stem starts to turn purple. The dying of the leaves progresses upwards. I don't know what to do anymore, what could be the deficit? This is my first grow. I look at the deficit tables and nothing is clear to me.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BearSmalls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BearSmalls View Post
    Now I have noticed that the leaf tips (not all, only those at the end of the leaf) are brighter. At the first plant the main stem starts to turn purple. The dying of the leaves progresses upwards. I don't know what to do anymore, what could be the deficit? This is my first grow. I look at the deficit tables and nothing is clear to me.
    Stick a pic up mate, sometimes the leaf tips burn when they're adjusting to higher feeds or get a touch too dry.

Honestly tho mate they look very happy too me. For the stage you're at plus the height and density of your canopy it's normal for the plants to pull energy from the bottom leaves since they aren't doing anything down there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

They look fine to me. If i didnt pick off lower leaves that die mine would look the same. Big plants for the pot sizes and using soil. Quite impressed

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-07-20)