Thread: Darkkkkkk purple spotting and deformed growth. Cant figure out what it is

Thanks

Default Darkkkkkk purple spotting and deformed growth. Cant figure out what it is

Soil or hydro or coco: soil

Strain: i believe its shapeshifter

Photo or Auto: unknown

plant age: about 6-7 weeks

pot size: unknown but looks 3-5 gal.

has it been repotted? and when?: yes. A couple weeks ago

soil type: organic potting mix by perfect plants its mixed in with top soil from my garden

nutes or additives used and how often for soil: general hydroponics 3 part. Fed 1 time every other watering

Air temps (max min): 94/65

Res temps (max min):

humidity: 20s to 100

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl)

Light schedule:

ph level:

EC (hydro and coco only)

Background EC.

So I have this very dark purple areas on my new growth after topping due to a bug destroying my new growth prior. Also was just overwatered 2 nights ago i watered in the day and it rained at night. On the affected area 1 leaf has already fallen over and is just hanging. Please help lol if any questions id be happy to answer the last pic is not my plant but is a good example of my issue on other forums it has mainly gone unsolved
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200710_151729.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	385543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200710_151825.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	385544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200710_151853.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	385545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02625.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	385546  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaping420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-07-20), Jingo (10-07-20)

Thanks

Edit: my pictures are horrible lmao i just am now seeing this but truat me its in beginning stage of the last pic.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaping420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-07-20), Jingo (10-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,577 Times

Welcome to the forum brother, You're correct those are horrible pictures :-)

What I'm able to see looks like the newer leaves are weak wilty and kind of distorted. I can see a little discoloring. When newer leaves are affected it's an immobile nutrient, usually one of the metallic nutrients. My vote would be on copper.

I studied this long enough now I've forgotten what nutrients you are using. Take a look at the labels and see if you have one that's good with trace or micronutrients, especially copper.

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), Vaping420 (11-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Vaping420 (11-07-20)

Thanks

[QUOTE=jingo;1071102720]Welcome to the forum brother, You're correct those are horrible pictures :-)

What I'm able to see looks like the newer leaves are weak wilty and kind of distorted. I can see a little discoloring. When newer leaves are affected it's an immobile nutrient, usually one of the metallic nutrients. My vote would be on copper.

I studied this long enough now I've forgotten what nutrients you are using. Take a look at the labels and see if you have one that's good with trace or micronutrients, especially copper.

Thanks for the welcome lol. I will further look into a nutrient def. Although I would think its a disease of some kind. Ive searched far and wide and the only other cases ive found of this have never met a conclusion on what it is some say phytoplasma from leaf hoppers and some say other off the common narrative responses. :UPDATE though lol. Ive since cut off affected areas. My concern got to me so I pretty muvh made my 2nd top ????

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaping420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), Jingo (11-07-20)

Thanks

Oh btw the new growth was actually quire strong and resilient however 2 leaves were most def deformed and such. I had topped the plant and it was one of the 2 new main steams that is affected. It was just starting a 2nd node. Other main steam is fine as is below. I dont get it. Deformed new growth and purple almost black splotches

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaping420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), Jingo (11-07-20)