Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used the Qnubu Rosin Press Machines ?

Thanks

Default Has anyone used the Qnubu Rosin Press Machines ?

Is there any rosin experts here that can help me ? I've been making rosin on a super small scale with the missuses hair straightners However, I am wanting to get a proper rosin press machine but I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the amount of machines available on the market, not to mention there prices. I've seen machines for £5k, no joke...

I am looking to press my flower...but not sure which machine to get, after some research, I have found these 2 rosin press machines by a company called Qnubu but they aren't cheap either!

The 1st one is a 1 Ton Rosin Press and the other is a 20 Ton Rosin Press.The 1st is a manual and the 2nd, I think is more of an automated solution. Here's what the website says about it.

1 Ton Rosin Press

No links allowed

20 Ton Rosin Press

No links

The problem is one is 375 quid and the other is £1300!!!!!!! If I'm been honest, that's probably top end of what I want to pay and if I am going to drop the coin for the 20 Ton, I want to make sure it's gonna be the right machine and ideally last!

From an investment point of view, me head is saying go for the 20 Ton but it's a lot of money to drop and for it to not to produce the results I'm looking for. I've read it's about 20% return of product ? So If I press for example 5 oz, I would get a 1 oz return of Rosin ? Which for me would be perfect, as I'm sick of paying top dollar for absolute shit in the local area. It's been getting silly since the corona with loads of people knocking there prices up.##

Can anyone give me a hand and some advise with which one I should get..
    Last edited by Jingo; 11-07-20 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Links

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rosinhead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

I edited out your links we don't allow that, you might want to take a little read through the rules just to make sure you're familiar with them.

I'll get you some pictures of my press It works really great.

The closest thing you can get to posting a link is doing a screenshot or a picture of the product you're interested in.

J

Last edited by Jingo; 11-07-20 at 01:48 PM.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), Mac (11-07-20), prime (14-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Check out Nugsmaster, they have them from 2 ton and up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (11-07-20)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I edited out your links we don't allow that, you might want to take a little read through the rules just to make sure you're familiar with them.

I'll get you some pictures of my press It works really great.

J

Jingo what size bags do you use? I tried the 160 micron, and stuff is way to sticky, going to try 100 micron as soon as they arrive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (11-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

Someone needs to make one available in the UK. Just cheap tat and out of stock notices

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), LewisR19 (08-11-21), Mac (11-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Jingo what size bags do you use? I tried the 160 micron, and stuff is way to sticky, going to try 100 micron as soon as they arrive.
    I like 90 micron bags, they work real well.

I really can't remember what I paid for this press, I bought a force gauge so I could be consistent in what I made. I find once I go over about six tons of pressure I start to split my bags. I don't really think anybody would need a press that does more than six tons in my opinion. My press will do 12 tons, but I'll never take it that far.

The first time I did a press with this setup I packed about 7 g into one of those bags and it returned to gram and a half of rosin. That was a short stuffed seeds gorilla glue crossed with something else.

J

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), Mac (11-07-20)

Thanks

One time I left my parchment paper hanging kind of off the back of the press a little bit and the rosin ran and separated and I ended up getting about 1/3 straight wax. Dump that right in my wax pen it was great.

J

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-20), Mac (11-07-20)

Thanks

I initially bought this little press, it works okay and would probably be very useful in the UK where everybody has less space. But being in American I like bigger better and more.

I've been thinking about offering this one up in a competition I just got to think up a good competition.

J

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

British green (11-07-20), GEORGE (11-07-20), Lowrollerbean (11-07-20), MrC (11-07-20)

Thanks

Of course now that I think about it it probably would require some kind of conversion to run on UK power.

J

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

British green (11-07-20), GEORGE (11-07-20), Lowrollerbean (11-07-20), MrC (11-07-20)

Thanks

Does 210 degrees work best for you?
    Last edited by GEORGE; 11-07-20 at 02:01 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

British green (11-07-20), MrC (11-07-20)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast