Thread: Drying 'greenhouse' grown auto advise

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,677 Times

Default Drying 'greenhouse' grown auto advise

Hey all you beautiful people

It's been quite sometime since I last posted (plenty of drama to deal with, but all sorted now so I'm back on the talk) can't wait to catch up with some familiar face - well names haha

Anyway, I've had a pretty successful couple of months (successful compared to previous grows at least) and have a Cali snow auto from fastbuds which has been growing beautifully but I have now discovered tiny bits of bud rot in a few places so I've thought better to cut and dry now rather than wait and it possibly get worse.

So my predicament now is how/where can I dry my plant?

I have a shed, an attic and a 'bike shed' which is basically a giant tent for storing bikes, at my disposal. I know none of these are ideal solutions bit does anyone have suggestions or advice on how/where to dry them.

I'm leaning mostly towards the shed, branches hung in a cardboard box with a small usb powered desk fan (only like 3-4" and doesn't push huge amounts of air, but it's all I have)

Appreciate any input from you guys an gals.

Cheers

Sent from SPACE using LASERS
    Checkout my current grow - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rip-light-auto

RQS Kush auto, bridgelux pc case grow box

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-07-20), GEORGE (11-07-20), HorseSocks (25-07-20), Mac (12-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Looks like the cardboard box will have to do... what about smell?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-07-20), GEORGE (12-07-20), Mac (12-07-20), Mr_Motion (11-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Looks like the cardboard box will have to do... what about smell?
    Cheers for the reply dude yeah I gave her a good look over and there was more rot than I first thought only little bits but dotted around pretty good.

So I've chopped off all but the smallest popcorns and I'm gonna try trimming and drying just the buds - no fans or larger branches. See how that goes I guess and just leave the popcorns on the plant for right now and see if they get any bigger and pray for no more rot!

I'll post pics in a bit of what she was like before and after the chop, also a trich shot there virtually all milky and spoted a handful of amber's.

On the plus side I've got a couple of phonos trying their best, and I'm treating them terribly if I'm honest - definitely going to try and baby these back to health

Mate tbh smell isn't a worry for me, it should be but it doesn't even seem like anyone is aware it's there - currently greenhouse is against a fence that is also a public footpath used all day! And the shed is maybe 4ft away from the greenhouse (posts and polythene type thing) I am however growing a huge array of different flowers and veggies in both gardens so maybe that has been growing people off?

Also now I'll be drying buds in a shoe box, anything I should keep an eye out for apart from obvious bud rot/mould....

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-07-20), GEORGE (12-07-20), Mac (12-07-20), M_C (11-07-20), thelastrebel (22-07-20)

Thanks

Before

After

As promised

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-07-20), GEORGE (13-07-20), HorseSocks (25-07-20), Jingo (23-07-20), M_C (12-07-20), thelastrebel (22-07-20)

Thanks

So after all that fiasco I ended up with 14.6g of dried buds still got a bit left on the plant as when I was cutting the previous batch it was mostly the top, so had a bunch of popcorns that didn't look anywhere near ready so I left them and they are slowly getting fatter.

I'm guessing maybe another4/5 grams or so when their chopped.

I'm really starting to think I'm not cut out for this growing business, still yet to reach just 1Oz from a single plant!

Nevermind on to the next I guess

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (22-07-20), GEORGE (21-07-20), Jingo (23-07-20), thelastrebel (22-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Motion View Post
    So after all that fiasco I ended up with 14.6g of dried buds still got a bit left on the plant as when I was cutting the previous batch it was mostly the top, so had a bunch of popcorns that didn't look anywhere near ready so I left them and they are slowly getting fatter.

I'm guessing maybe another4/5 grams or so when their chopped.

I'm really starting to think I'm not cut out for this growing business, still yet to reach just 1Oz from a single plant!

Nevermind on to the next I guess

You've not had a lot of luck mate have you? Still, if it's 18-19 grams it's still 18-19 grams of homegrown to smoke. What's your plans for the next one?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-07-20), Jingo (23-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    You've not had a lot of luck mate have you? Still, if it's 18-19 grams it's still 18-19 grams of homegrown to smoke. What's your plans for the next one?
    Haha not at all buddy, however I am slowly improving my harvest weight and quality, had a sample late night and it's pretty good - doesn't smell quite the same as it did on the plant but at least it doesn't smell like grass.

There has been nothing better than sparking up some of my very own buds, tbh buddy I've also got a couple of photos going along in the greenhouse right now, so I'm probably gonna just focus on them - no point in a diary for them really as they are pretty far along their cycle now. But I may do a form of a diary for them, just a couple posts every now n then to show the progress.....

I've also grown 'hemp' this year too, it's a real strange type of cannabis plant, I bought like 100 seeds for £0.60p ISH at a health food shop, and to my surprise sprouted...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Motion For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-20)