Thread: Autoflower Sugar Mama still not flowering after 8 weeks

Thanks

Default Autoflower Sugar Mama still not flowering after 8 weeks

So this year I decided to give autos a try outdoor in the UK in multi purpose compost.

They are auto flower sugar mama (ready in 10 weeks apparently)

They popped their heads up on 12th may so it has now been 8 weeks and they aren't flowering. What is going on?

As you can see the biggest one is at least 80cm tall now. These photos were taken before watering, they aren't usually drooping.

On the main stem itself, it looks like there are a couple of pistils here and there that have popped out and turned orange. But nothing on the bud sites from what I can see.

One or two lower leaves started to yellow (mainly on the taller plant) so I removed those and gave all 3 baby bio around 10 days ago.

Should I try force them to flower somehow?

They were originally in smaller pots but I transplanted them to bigger pots (I think they are only around 1.5 to 2 litre pots) weeks ago.

Roots have been poking out of the bottom for weeks also, but I guess that's normal and they should have air pruned. Could them not auto flowering be something to do with them needing bigger pots do you think?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200712_200005.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	385591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200712_202009.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	385592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200712_200057.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	385593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200712_200136.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	385594  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tangytaste For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Crap genetics mate. If they were going to autoflower they would have done so by now.

The way I see it, you have two choices:-

• Give them a 12/12 light cycle to get them to flower (they'll need to stay 12/12 to the end of flowering)
    • Bin them & start again with some decent genetics
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BB (12-07-20), GEORGE (12-07-20), Kurdt (13-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,313 Times

I see this a lot.. What a drag. You got taken

Where are the seeds from? I'm with MC get yourself some good seeds. Make sure to do your homework (not saying you didn't already)

sent from space

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sourshoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-20), Kurdt (13-07-20), M_C (12-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tangytaste View Post
    So this year I decided to give autos a try outdoor in the UK in multi purpose compost.

They are auto flower sugar mama (ready in 10 weeks apparently)

They popped their heads up on 12th may so it has now been 8 weeks and they aren't flowering. What is going on?

As you can see the biggest one is at least 80cm tall now. These photos were taken before watering, they aren't usually drooping.

On the main stem itself, it looks like there are a couple of pistils here and there that have popped out and turned orange. But nothing on the bud sites from what I can see.

One or two lower leaves started to yellow (mainly on the taller plant) so I removed those and gave all 3 baby bio around 10 days ago.

Should I try force them to flower somehow?

They were originally in smaller pots but I transplanted them to bigger pots (I think they are only around 1.5 to 2 litre pots) weeks ago.

Roots have been poking out of the bottom for weeks also, but I guess that's normal and they should have air pruned. Could them not auto flowering be something to do with them needing bigger pots do you think?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Are those cups as small as they look? If so, your roots need much more room to grow.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Kurdt (13-07-20), M_C (12-07-20), sourshoes (12-07-20)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I got them from gorilla seeds. The plant pots do look smalle on the photos but maybe I'll transplant anyway. Is there something I can do for 12 12 outdoor? Put something over them at night maybe. Not ideal though. Another option, can I transplant into soil instead and just leave them to autoflower with the season?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tangytaste For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

You can leave them as they are and they'll naturally flower when the daylight drops to around 12 hour a day (Sept? in the UK)

...maybe drop some decent autos along side them?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-07-20)