Thread: First time grower

Thanks

Default First time grower

Hi I’m not sure if I’m doing this right I was looking a bit of advise.
    I have purchased a grow tent and plan to try to grow in what I would call term as a small outhouse at the side of my house, It is attached to the side of my kitchen. I was wondering how I vent it etc obviously from reading forms it would be stupid to have the vent near an outside wall the front of this building only has a wooden door to get into it no windows or anything. Just with where I live helicopters would be out quite often and just want to make sure I give myself a good start by atleast venting it out properly.
    Thanks for any help (:

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blahhh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-20), Jingo (14-07-20), Mac (15-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

If you're concerned about helicopters with Flir they're going to be able to see what you're doing anyway out there on a side of your house.

Some growers that have neighbors close by and need to vent out of say like a shed, will vent into some brush alongside the shed. Mostly I think they're concerned about the moist clouds of warm vapor in the winter time. Depending on where you live it could get pretty hot out there and I would take my intake air from underneath the house if you have a crawl space, it should always be a little bit cooler under there. I don't know that I would vent under a house because the extra moisture wouldn't help much.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-20), Mac (15-07-20)

Thanks

Is there anything I can put around the walls of the out house or anything to make it less obvious? I don’t want to do it in the house because of the smell the outhouse would be great even to get because it would eliminate the any smell and that side of my garden would be like a wind trap, I have no neighbours at that side of my house I’m not wanting to grow a lot with a lot of plants just one pushing it 2 just got the tent with the one 600 watt light
    Thanks for the reply

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blahhh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), Jingo (15-07-20), Mac (15-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

I would line the whole thing inside with a couple inches of rigid foam insulation, whatever's common in your area. It will really help you keep your temperatures more stable which is important when you're growing and it will cut down any signature from the heat.

J

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), Mac (15-07-20), scoot (15-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Welcome to the talk.

Drilling thru to the kitchen and venting in there out of the question?

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-20)