Thread: How to keep outdoor plants from growing tall?

Thanks

Post How to keep outdoor plants from growing tall?

Hey! First time growing and the plants are doing fine. A bit too much maybe. They are like 1.2m wide and 1m tall (with help of bending the main cola or whatever it's called). They can reach around 1.6m but then visibility could become a problem so I'm looking into ways of keeping them short and bushy. So far I've only bent the main cola with string on both of them but I worry it's not enough in the long run? Any suggestions? I noticed green screen method used in indoor growing so I was thinking about that but I'm not sure if it's doable on outdoor plants this size.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200715_182616.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	385705

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cryptobox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), Jumper114 (15-07-20), Mac (15-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Have a look at supercropping. That should help you out.

Lovely girls there!
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

Cryptobox (17-07-20), GEORGE (15-07-20), Mac (15-07-20)

Thanks

Had a similar problem. Ended up topping most of my plants and I super cropped one. First time grower so wasn’t comfy doin it but had to be done. Before + after
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21B8F0F9-2AAE-464E-A8CD-7C05145B1D72.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	385707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3DE650E-7B5A-4379-9DD6-9F5AA979572C.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	385708  

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharpie421 For This Useful Post:

Cryptobox (17-07-20), GEORGE (15-07-20), Jumper114 (15-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie421 View Post
    Had a similar problem. Ended up topping most of my plants and I super cropped one. First time grower so wasn’t comfy doin it but had to be done. Before + after
    How long does it take from your experience for the bend to harden? I tried it with one cola and its flopping around in the wind to I tried to secure it by wrapping a wire around it like bonsai people do it but it's pretty tricky to wrap a wire around soft green branch without damaging it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptobox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Have a look at supercropping. That should help you out.

Lovely girls there!
    Okay, I did look it up and tested it on one branch. I just wonder if it's a good idea to 'break' multiple branches like that at the same time (around 6 let's say) and get away with it. Or should I do it with one at a time? Also I'm not sure whether I can just leave them hanging there without any additional support. I mean, the outside part of the stem is what seems to be holding it together but it's outside to wind bends it a according to its will and I wonder if it could hinder the healing and hardening process. Should I fixate it somehow in desired position?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptobox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-20)