Thread: How to recover from overfeeding from ph lockout

Thanks

Question How to recover from overfeeding from ph lockout

Hi all!

My plant is in 4,5 weeks into flower, i was having some issues some time ago regarding overfeeding, that from some exploration, found out to be a ph lockout issue (ph too acidic)

I am growing in a soilless medium (carolina soil = spagnhum + vermiculite) that has a natural ph of 5.5.
    I am using liquid fertilizers and have been slowly increasing the amount since veg.

Although i thought i fixed the issue with the ph lockout, i see that the leaf burn came back again, and this time im really scared to lose the plant.
    Yesterday i water the plant with much less nutrients, and, so far it seems ok, but im really scared to have more burn problems.

From my studies (as this is my first ever grow) i know i should make a flush with ph balanced water (is ph balanced 7?), with no nutrients and wait to bring the nutrients again in the next watering.
    The problem is that, i dont know how this would affect my plant flowering...

Is there any problem doing something like: Flush with ph balanced water, wait 10 mins, and water with nutrients again? Or i really should do as above?

More info:
    - seed: Critical Auto
    - fan and exaust 24 hours on
    - controlling watering ph to 6.3

Thx in advance ppl!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnb_1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	385711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnb_2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	385712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnb_3.jpg 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	385713
    Last edited by chankao; 15-07-20 at 09:50 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chankao For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), jake420 (15-07-20), Mac (16-07-20), ToughCall (08-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,418 Times

Default How to recover from overfeeding from ph lockout

Quote Originally Posted by chankao View Post
    Hi all!

My plant is in 4,5 weeks into flower, i was having some issues some time ago regarding overfeeding, that from some exploration, found out to be a ph lockout issue (ph too acidic)

I am growing in a soilless medium (carolina soil = spagnhum + vermiculite) that has a natural ph of 5.5.
    I am using liquid fertilizers and have been slowly increasing the amount since veg.

Although i thought i fixed the issue with the ph lockout, i see that the leaf burn came back again, and this time im really scared to lose the plant.
    Yesterday i water the plant with much less nutrients, and, so far it seems ok, but im really scared to have more burn problems.

From my studies (as this is my first ever grow) i know i should make a flush with ph balanced water (is ph balanced 7?), with no nutrients and wait to bring the nutrients again in the next watering.
    The problem is that, i dont know how this would affect my plant flowering...

Is there any problem doing something like: Flush with ph balanced water, wait 10 mins, and water with nutrients again? Or i really should do as above?

More info:
    - seed: Critical Auto
    - fan and exaust 24 hours on
    - controlling watering ph to 6.3

Thx in advance ppl!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnb_1.jpg 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	385711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnb_2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	385712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnb_3.jpg 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	385713
    I’d say flush bud but don’t know that mediumare you across the pond or uk bro
    K

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), Mac (16-07-20)

Thanks

Hi jake!

I didnt quite get your question hehe, is it where i´m from?
    Im from brazil =D

And about that flush. Is it imperative that i didnt give her any kind of nutrients? Even 10 min later after the flush?
    Carolina soil is a brazilian company.

I am using the version 0.7, which is 90% sphagnum and 10% vermiculite with 5.5 ph (i also added perlite to the mix)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chankao For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-07-20), jake420 (15-07-20), Mac (16-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times

Flowers look fine and producing white pistils.
    Leaf color on the bright side yet tips are burnt.

If it was coco, id say you're giving too much PK and not as much N. Might work the same with soil.. jmo

Current grow

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...-Covid-19-Grow

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-20), jake420 (04-08-20)