Thread: Drying with high temperature and humidity - options?

Thanks

Default Drying with high temperature and humidity - options?

Hi, I'm currently growing 4 autoflowers indoor - my first grow ever! Things have been going quite well in all honesty, but recently I've been thinking a lot about the drying process and the challenges ahead.

To start with, the autoflowers are pretty much all on different weeks, so I won't be able to use the tent to dry those beautiful buds. My original idea was to use one bathroom in the house, with my smaller filter hooked up to the to the air vent. While doing some research on the topic, I've come to realize that I'm not exactly in a good spot - the air temperature in the house will fluctuate roughly between 24º to 29º, depending on how warm the day is. On top of that, I live surrounded by water (right on the ocean), my rH now in the summer ranges between 45% (lower I've seen but not common) and 65% - avg value would be 55% I would say.

There's no AC in the house, and there's no way I can realistically lower the temperature in that bathroom - the rH I can always get it down with a dehumidifier that I already have around. Downside is that the dehumidifier will generate more heat, so..... I did look into cheap air cooling units to try and lower the temperature, but they will increase rH.... And just like that the bathroom idea doesn't look good.

I've considered getting a second tent (although I feel it's a waste of money really), setting up the extraction and get an intraction as well. I've read that some growers put frozen bottles of water right in front of the air intake and that does help bring temperature down - would perhaps even allow me to use the dehumidifier and get a good control of both temperature and rH.

Feeling a bit stuck in my head - would like to get your views on it and feedback from people with actual experience

Cheers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crash3r For This Useful Post:

G' (19-07-20), GEORGE (18-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Whilst my temps may vary, my RH for drying is similar & I've never had an issue with it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

G' (19-07-20), GEORGE (19-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I personally don't think rh of 55% is that bad though i do like mine somewhere under 50%, i have a groom in my garage and have my dehumidifier running 24/7 outside of the groom which keeps the rh down in the whole garage whilst i'm drying in the groom, is there any way you can run a dehumidifier just outside your bathroom ???
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-07-20)

Thanks

@M_C good to know - what concerns me is high temperatures, as I've read that anything above 25º will actually start to degrade the THC on the buds.

@G not really, it's an open area outside the bathroom and with summer on, we REALLY need to keep our windows open, or else we suffocate the dehumidifier would be useless in this scenario with windows open.

I'm just afraid of ruining a lovely crop - we can get a full week of 30º inside the house, and this is what I'm mainly concerned with.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crash3r For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-07-20)

Thanks

Don't your buds get too crispy with temperatures above 25º?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crash3r For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-07-20)