Thread: light burn?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

Default light burn?

Hi Folks,

Sorry to have to make a separate post but I asked this in my diary but no response.
    Don't get to much traffic to it.

Can someone tell me if this is light burn or something else.
    Am running T5's about 10 - 12 inches away.

Tried to use paint so I could circle what I meant but couldn't find it when I finished...LOL

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-20), Jingo (24-07-20), scorpion (24-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

I don’t get that much traffic on mine either m8, I don’t think it comes up in new posts but not 100% sure, I can’t help u sorry I’m still learning myself after 3 grows but no doubt someone will be along shortly with some good advice, u might want to put ur temp and humidity on here too
    I smoke pretty much all of the time so if I waffle shit please forgive me lol

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-20), GEORGE (24-07-20), Jingo (24-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Meant to say your girl is looking nice and good luck with the rest of your grow buddy

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-20), GEORGE (24-07-20), Jingo (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    I don’t get that much traffic on mine either m8, I don’t think it comes up in new posts but not 100% sure, I can’t help u sorry I’m still learning myself after 3 grows but no doubt someone will be along shortly with some good advice, u might want to put ur temp and humidity on here too
    Thanks for the reply man. Good point about the temps and humidity. Did it in my diary totally slipped my mind here.

Temps 72f - 79f
    Hum. 46%- 62%

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-20), Jingo (24-07-20), scorpion (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

It's not light burn, you could get much closer with t5s. it's a little hard for me to tell from the picture it's kind of blurry, but if you're concern is a yellowing and maybe slower growth and thinner leaves on top then you have a sulfur deficiency. Some bloom nutrients have extra sulfur, read the label on yours and see if you just need to up your bloom nutrients. Normally a foliar feed of magnesium sulfate or just plain clean Epsom salts would be good. I really don't like to be spraying things on a plant though when it's already in flower. So it would be best to look through your nutrients and consider a different boom booster if you don't have extra sulfur in them already. If you are in soil there may be sulfur in molasses you could look it up and see, I'm not really an organic kind of guy so I can't tell you there.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-20), GEORGE (24-07-20), scorpion (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    It's not light burn, you could get much closer with t5s. it's a little hard for me to tell from the picture it's kind of blurry, but if you're concern is a yellowing and maybe slower growth and thinner leaves on top then you have a sulfur deficiency. Some bloom nutrients have extra sulfur, read the label on yours and see if you just need to up your bloom nutrients. Normally a foliar feed of magnesium sulfate or just plain clean Epsom salts would be good. I really don't like to be spraying things on a plant though when it's already in flower. So it would be best to look through your nutrients and consider a different boom booster if you don't have extra sulfur in them already. If you are in soil there may be sulfur in molasses you could look it up and see, I'm not really an organic kind of guy so I can't tell you there.

J

Thanks man. I asked about a sulfur deficiency a while back but was told it was N toxicity. It's hard to tell by just pics thou.
    I will read my micro and bloom to see what they say. Checkout the cal/mag too. If not I could get some molasses to use for a couple weeks till I can pic something up.
    I didn't think the T5's were the problem. I used to run them 5 - 6 inches from the top back in the day. Wasn't sure if autos were a different breed thou.

I was mistaken it was a zinc deficiency I asked about.
    Last edited by Blue61; 24-07-20 at 06:58 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-20), Jingo (24-07-20), scorpion (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)

Thanks

I just saw that you're in the general hydroponics line and I'm actually subscribed to your journal but I guess I haven't been there in a couple days. anyway, just up the bloom you could go up to three mils per gallon that'll give you all the sulfur you need plus what the plant is really telling you is it wants to get some bigger flowers it just needs more nutrients.

J

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-20), GEORGE (24-07-20), Gunner (31-07-20), scorpion (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)

Thanks

Thanks Jingo, Hey did you notice that the tips on the leaves that are around the tops look like the tips are almost like a white/gray hair?
    I couldn't find any pics on here or google that showed this symptom for sulphur deficiency.
    Not to crazy about the GH flora series. Really used to like the GH Flora Nova though.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-20), Jingo (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)

Thanks

The white tips look like a little nutrient burn, which you can get when you feed on a real hot day when the plant is thirsty even if you're feeding lower nutrients than what it's demanding. For that reason I will almost always feed water if I get a plant that's wilting or really thirsty before I come back and give nutrients.

J

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-20), GEORGE (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    The white tips look like a little nutrient burn, which you can get when you feed on a real hot day when the plant is thirsty even if you're feeding lower nutrients than what it's demanding. For that reason I will almost always feed water if I get a plant that's wilting or really thirsty before I come back and give nutrients.

J

I never heard of getting nute burn because of that. It makes perfect sense since they both are drinking alot. definitely have been almost bone dry the last couple of times.
    Thanks Jingo,really appreciate your insight.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-20), Jingo (24-07-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (09-05-21)