Thread: Autoflowers : Myths and Bro science

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Default Autoflowers : Myths and Bro science

Hola talkers,

I'm looking for some challenges for my next few grow, as I believe it will help make me a better grower, but I also want to try and dispel some of the bullshit surrounding autoflowers. Hence this thread...

I usually grow 2 plants at a time in 5 gal hempy, going to put an extra 1 or 2 in for the experiments in 5 or 10 litre pots.

I want to hear the myths and bro science you have heard about them and if we get enough good ones, I will try to disprove some of them just for shits and giggles by trying them out

My 1st challenge is that you can't mainline/manifold an auto... My next grow is going to be trying just that, I'm pretty confident it can be done easily with some of today's genetics, but we shall see

I'll try to get thru as many as I can within the confines of time, money and space over the next few grows

So what have ya heard? Any that you have disproved yourself? Any you think can't be done? Let's hear what you got and see what we can prove/disprove for science!

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20), Kurdt (26-07-20), M_C (26-07-20), scorpion (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Looking forward to this m8, I can’t think of any now but I’ve read that many and opinions are split with autos, I think a lot of the time it’s from when they first came out but I’ve read they have came very far since then
    Good luck with it m8 and I hope you smash the majority of them, I know what’s gonna fookin happen your gonna throw everything at them and the bastards will still smash my few farty ones out the water lol
    I smoke pretty much all of the time so if I waffle shit please forgive me lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (26-07-20), Blue61 (26-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20), Mac (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

I think you should scrog one.

May get Trex back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (26-07-20), Blue61 (26-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20), Mac (26-07-20), M_C (26-07-20), WhIpLaSh (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    Looking forward to this m8, I can’t think of any now but I’ve read that many and opinions are split with autos, I think a lot of the time it’s from when they first came out but I’ve read they have came very far since then
    Good luck with it m8 and I hope you smash the majority of them, I know what’s gonna fookin happen your gonna throw everything at them and the bastards will still smash my few farty ones out the water lol
    If you can get a plant to harvest you have already done better than most fella They aren't all going to be perfect, its the bad ones we learn from most tho It's just a matter of time till it all slots into place for ya fella then you will be full steam ahead Thats when the "fun" problems start

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    I think you should scrog one.

May get Trex back.
    Added to the list, that will be about picking the right strain. Got a couple in mind that I think could work well and as a twist of luck I have one of em in the fridge

And just to add... Anyone and everyone feel free to grow along and prove or bust a few of your own as we go. The more the merrier

Information is power, pics are proof

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20), scorpion (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

[QUOTE=Mac;1071106251]If you can get a plant to harvest you have already done better than most fella They aren't all going to be perfect, its the bad ones we learn from most tho It's just a matter of time till it all slots into place for ya fella then you will be full steam ahead Thats when the "fun" problems start

Cheers bud

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

To save you the effort, BB & myself have played extensively with different topping ideas
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (26-07-20), GEORGE (26-07-20), Mac (26-07-20), scorpion (26-07-20)