Thread: Grow Location and Air Quality

Thanks

You seem pretty much ready

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johndoh54 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,784 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Inhaler View Post
    I grow in a mouldy ol’ cellar, have been for many years!

You’ll definitely need to find a way of getting dry air in there or your buds will rot. I have a 4” intake fan that sucks air in from my front porch (indoors). The extractor fan just blows out into the cellar.

A few pointers...

-Try to buy a tent without a back vent- the less holes the better.

-Find somewhere to cut a hole and run a piece of preferably foil ducting to an in-line fan. (Passive intake won’t be enough.

-If there’s likely to be any bugs where your vent is, add a bug screen over the vent or you’ll be blowing bugs into your tent.

-Keep the screen clean! They block up with dust after a month or so.

-Leave the intake and extraction fan on 24/7

You can hear the in fans when the TV is off, so that’s another thing to consider.

Hope this helps,

Vlad.
    Very helpful Vlad, cheers buddy! Going to see what i can do, make the best of it and give it a go.

Would you recommend a Co2 Bag for my set up?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-08-20), GEORGE (31-07-20), Vlad the Inhaler (31-07-20)

Thanks

Sorry, just read this post!

Are you in the uk? Just thinking... sucking air in from the outside is pretty fookin cold in the winter.
    Yep, was thinking of pulling air into the basement rather than direct into the tent, due to the cold, 4 or 6in desk fan held inside the lower round vent for incoming air and a 4/6in inline and carbon filter going out at the top.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-08-20), GEORGE (31-07-20), Vlad the Inhaler (31-07-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LoSGrower View Post
    Very helpful Vlad, cheers buddy! Going to see what i can do, make the best of it and give it a go.

Would you recommend a Co2 Bag for my set up?
    I’ve never used C02 bud. I wouldn’t even know what to do with it tbh... a decent amount of clean dry air should be ok tho.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-08-20), GEORGE (31-07-20), LoSGrower (01-08-20)

Thanks

Yep, was thinking of pulling air into the basement rather than direct into the tent, due to the cold, 4 or 6in desk fan held inside the lower round vent for incoming air and a 4/6in inline and carbon filter going out at the top.
    Tbh mate, I know a lot of loft growers who pull in freezing cold air in the winter. There are ways of warming it up but it costs money.

I’d try and avoid sucking air in from the basement tho cos tanked or not, there will be mould spores floating around in there. I remember a few years ago I was suffering with bud rot always in the same corner of the tent. (Front right) then I realised where I was doing the zips up it left a tiny gap so the cellar air was getting in. Ever since, I do the zips up to the top left corner and the problem has gone.

My cellar is FOOKIN damp tho. (Not tanked)

Is there no way you could get air in from a room inside the house?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-08-20), GEORGE (31-07-20), LoSGrower (01-08-20)

Thanks

Tbh mate, I know a lot of loft growers who pull in freezing cold air in the winter. There are ways of warming it up but it costs money.

I’d try and avoid sucking air in from the basement tho cos tanked or not, there will be mould spores floating around in there. I remember a few years ago I was suffering with bud rot always in the same corner of the tent. (Front right) then I realised where I was doing the zips up it left a tiny gap so the cellar air was getting in. Ever since, I do the zips up to the top left corner and the problem has gone.

My cellar is FOOKIN damp tho. (Not tanked)

Is there no way you could get air in from a room inside the house?
    The cellar is below my lounge and the floor is 3 layers, floor boards, t&g loft boards and carpet. Tbh, the only way I can guarantee fresh air in is to leave the cellar hatch open with a fan blowing in but could only do that for 4-6hrs a day!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-08-20), GEORGE (01-08-20), Vlad the Inhaler (01-08-20)

Thanks

I'm looking into air purifiers also!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The cellar is below my lounge and the floor is 3 layers, floor boards, t&g loft boards and carpet. Tbh, the only way I can guarantee fresh air in is to leave the cellar hatch open with a fan blowing in but could only do that for 4-6hrs a day!
    It’s a tricky business. Lucky I have what used to be a window in my cellar which has an opening into the porch for ventilation. Ready made access. I can vent from either outside via air brick or suck in from the porch depending on temps/bugs etc. It’s all boxed in too!

Looks like you’ll just have to crack on and see what happens.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (01-08-20), GEORGE (01-08-20), LoSGrower (01-08-20)

Thanks

It’s a tricky business. Lucky I have what used to be a window in my cellar which has an opening into the porch for ventilation. Ready made access. I can vent from either outside via air brick or suck in from the porch depending on temps/bugs etc. It’s all boxed in too!

Looks like you’ll just have to crack on and see what happens.
    Once the kids have gone home I'm gonna look and see how easy it will be to pull one floor board out and miter a vent into it, cut a hole in the boards under that and add a fan to draw ait straight into tent ??????

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoSGrower For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Once the kids have gone home I'm gonna look and see how easy it will be to pull one floor board out and miter a vent into it, cut a hole in the boards under that and add a fan to draw ait straight into tent ??????
    Big hole saw and a vent cover?

Dunno what I’d do about the carpet tho. Unless you built a box around it.

Upheaval tho, innit?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlad the Inhaler For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20), LoSGrower (01-08-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast