Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grow tent light leak and figuring flowering stage

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,467 Times

Gardo,

The SF4000 LED is about 12" from the OG Kush and 14" from the Kryptonite. It's not been adjusted from the factory setting. And tbh, I'm not certain what the factory setting is, but I understand it's not @ 100%
    There "was" only indirect natural light, outside of tent. It's since been covered by black 6 mil plastic sheeting.
    Last edited by ToughCall; 01-08-20 at 02:53 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

Hotshot,

Thanks, I wanted to provide as much info and thought that could be of value. So much info about light leaks - good and bad, so wanted to check with everyone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

Today is a watering day, each plant gets 2 gallons of RO water, in the 10 gallon fabric pot. Today is CalMag Plus 5ml per gallon (added first), I'm no longer adding Silica Blast as of today (thanks Jingo), and then 10 ml liquid kelp per gallon.
    The PPM is pretty low with this type of feeding, like 450 (from memory). I could up it if that's going to benefit. Going to get those pics of the nutrient labels now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

Just finished watering, I included images of my readings for PPM & pH and also included pictures of the 2nd OG Kush Extrm, which is 8 days younger, very similar in genetics, but a whole 10" shorter.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/KFSmPLAE9nEi8gtt8,.

I included a shot of the whole tent with the 8" exhaust showing and some of the plastic tarp.

Thanks,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

Last post for the night.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/T8qpvY2uDR64Kuwy8,
    This link has pictures of all nutrients used.
    Fert day equals (in order of adding to 5 gallon of RO water : 25 ml of Silica Blast, 25 ml of Cal Mag plus, 25 ml of liquid Kelp. 30 ml of NCS 17 Bloom.

Non nutrient feed days are same as above except no NCS 17 BLOOM.. I'm sppossrd to begin using CNS 17 RIPE for eldest plant starting this Sunday.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/T8qpvY2uDR64Kuwy8,

Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

Jingo,

NCS17 Bloom has 1% Sulpher. I've been pretty conservative with the dosage, 60 ml per five gallon batch or 10 ml per gallon. Each 10 gallon fabric pot gets 2 gallons of water every two to 3 days. But NCS17 is only used every other time.

I've never tried to push the volume higher to see where it burns and then backed off. Read too much on risks with over feeding.

But if I need to address micro nutrients, I'm 110% committed to trying it out.
    II was going to pick up Molasses, just hadn't been able to do so yet.

Thanks,

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

One point about the link on the last OG Kush, I did some light trimming just before taking the pictures, so it's showing more new growth vs mature leaves. I watered right afterwards.
    Both OG Kush get bushy with follage and wanted to make certain there is good light penetraiting and air flow..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

Here are two videos taken this morning.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/uALH1WNTbWSfQa1w5,

2nd video of OG Kush: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zhwsnrx5j5WzvBCY9

It's in portrait mode, lighting did not do me any justice. Please let me know your overall thoughts to improve my flowering options.

Thanks,

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks

Just watched those video links, the compression makes the focus appear poorly.
    Please check these pictures also taken this morning after last night's watering :
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HN21wSM3fS5dUe8N6

Thanks,

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,732 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCall View Post
    Jingo,

NCS17 Bloom has 1% Sulpher. I've been pretty conservative with the dosage, 60 ml per five gallon batch or 10 ml per gallon. Each 10 gallon fabric pot gets 2 gallons of water every two to 3 days. But NCS17 is only used every other time.

I've never tried to push the volume higher to see where it burns and then backed off. Read too much on risks with over feeding.

But if I need to address micro nutrients, I'm 110% committed to trying it out.
    II was going to pick up Molasses, just hadn't been able to do so yet.

Thanks,
    So you are missing all of your trace elements and most micronutrients that dedicated cannabis nutrients provide. You could probably find a single additive that would give you those micros and trace elements, you'd have to go to a grow shop and ask them what they have. then they'd want you to walk out with a whole line up of nutrients.

I'm familiar with general hydroponics micro and I'm sure you could replace your kelp with that and probably pick up what you need for the rest of your grow. It may not be available where you're at and you may not want to use something thats straight mineral when you've been going kind of more organic?

The other choice would be to look at the label on something like Canna A and B and see if it gives you all your micros and trace elements, and just start using it from here on out.

If you want an organic solution you're going to have to look up somebody like @redisiel and get his advice.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-08-20), ToughCall (01-08-20)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast