Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP!....Outdoor grow issue, with pics

Thanks

Default HELP!....Outdoor grow issue, with pics

Noticed an issue about two weeks ago, with leaves starting to yellow (at least thats what it looked like at the time). Those same leaves began to brown, now they have dark brown areas (almost black). I thought this may be nitrogen deficiency. Attempted to correct accordingly, with no positive results. Today, some leaves that were previously healthy looking, now have what look like little circles of discoloration (still green), and some leaves are curling. While the majority of the plant still looks healthy, I want to correct this as soon as possible. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200802_102036_HDR.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	386413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200802_101925_HDR.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	386414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200802_101846_HDR.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	386415   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200802_101834.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	386416  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eliezbon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-08-20), GEORGE (02-08-20), Jingo (02-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Welcome brother

Looks like a possible calcium deficiency to me, how do you water?

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-08-20), eliezbon (02-08-20), GEORGE (02-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Thanks

Appreciate the response J!

My notes from the last couple of weeks...

7/22
    water 2 gallons
    36ml grow big
    60ml big bloom

7/25
    water 3 gallons

7/29
    water 3 gallons
    54ml grow big

7/31
    water 2 gallons

On 7/29 I increased nutrients, thinking there was a nitrogen deficiency.
    On 7/31 I watered due to realizing I need to increase the watering schedule, but maybe dont need as much water every time I water?
    Other than that I had been pretty consistent with watering about every 3-4 days with 3 gallons, alternating nutrients. One on, one off etc..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eliezbon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.
    Thanks man!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eliezbon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I'm going to make a major assumption that if I'm wrong would change everything, that is that you are in a soft water area.

You want to water until you get about 10% runoff at the bottom of the pot and usually people will feed one day and maybe go a couple days of water. If you're experiencing high temperatures you definitely want to do less nutrients and more water.

I don't know if you're in Fox farm soil, but they haven't been as stable in calcium ever since they exhausted their original resource, you may need to supplement with calcium and it actually is required to make the leaves green up real well, then you also get magnesium and iron which are real important.

If your water is soft, you can usually just water in some calcium and magnesium, be sure to reduce nitrogen on your normal feeds because all calcium magnesium supplements have nitrogen. You can also do a foliar feed which is usually preferred just to keep from pouring so much salts down into the soil.

Now if you are in a hard water area everything else gets kind of sketchy, you can get enough minerals building up in your soil just from the water to give you trouble growing cannabis. There are techniques you can use such as repotting the plant at least three times during its growth cycle so that you don't need to fertilize during any of the vegetative period or early flower.

J

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-08-20), eliezbon (02-08-20), GEORGE (02-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    So I'm going to make a major assumption that if I'm wrong would change everything, that is that you are in a soft water area.

You want to water until you get about 10% runoff at the bottom of the pot and usually people will feed one day and maybe go a couple days of water. If you're experiencing high temperatures you definitely want to do less nutrients and more water.

I don't know if you're in Fox farm soil, but they haven't been as stable in calcium ever since they exhausted their original resource, you may need to supplement with calcium and it actually is required to make the leaves green up real well, then you also get magnesium and iron which are real important.

If your water is soft, you can usually just water in some calcium and magnesium, be sure to reduce nitrogen on your normal feeds because all calcium magnesium supplements have nitrogen. You can also do a foliar feed which is usually preferred just to keep from pouring so much salts down into the soil.

Now if you are in a hard water area everything else gets kind of sketchy, you can get enough minerals building up in your soil just from the water to give you trouble growing cannabis. There are techniques you can use such as repotting the plant at least three times during its growth cycle so that you don't need to fertilize during any of the vegetative period or early flower.

J

Thanks again J.

From what I have found, the area I am in has moderately hard water, but varies throughout the year.

I am using fox farms soil. And probably not too far off from flowering, plenty of pre-flowers.

So it sounds like I may need to re-pot?
    I'm assuming that would require getting rid of the existing soil, adding new soil?
    Currently using a #7 pot, and my guess would be the root ball is hanging on to most of that soil. Recommendations on how to approach?

Or should I attempt to flush for a few cycles?
    I have given this some thought, but I am concerned it may only make matters worse...

If re-potting is not necessary, recommendations on calcium supplement, that's easily accessible?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eliezbon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-08-20), Jingo (02-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Thanks

Have you been getting good runoff?

If you've been getting say 10% runoff then I would probably just get some calcium and magnesium supplement like calimagic from General Hydroponics.

Then I would have a look at the Fox farm schedule and determine what nutrient quantity would be correct for about a 2-week-old seedling and I would consider feeding that and the Cali magic every watering. I probably wouldn't feed more than one mil per gallon of the Cali magic. I would make sure to get good run off, especially if you haven't been doing so. If you haven't been watering with good run off then the next five or six waterings get like 25% run off.

Once you get to the period where you see good flowers start to form then switch over to the bloom schedule but keep it weak.

So the idea with that plan is to assume that you're depleting the nutrients in your soil and are going to be replacing them almost entirely from here on out. It's very important to get good runoff. If you are in an area of soft to moderately hard water, then you'll see improvement in three or four waterings.

If you're in a hard water area things might get a little worse and then you might have to look into a flush. The flush would have to be done with either distilled water or a mixture of distilled water and tap water.

J

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-08-20), eliezbon (02-08-20), GEORGE (02-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Have you been getting good runoff?

If you've been getting say 10% runoff then I would probably just get some calcium and magnesium supplement like calimagic from General Hydroponics.

Then I would have a look at the Fox farm schedule and determine what nutrient quantity would be correct for about a 2-week-old seedling and I would consider feeding that and the Cali magic every watering. I probably wouldn't feed more than one mil per gallon of the Cali magic. I would make sure to get good run off, especially if you haven't been doing so. If you haven't been watering with good run off then the next five or six waterings get like 25% run off.

Once you get to the period where you see good flowers start to form then switch over to the bloom schedule but keep it weak.

So the idea with that plan is to assume that you're depleting the nutrients in your soil and are going to be replacing them almost entirely from here on out. It's very important to get good runoff. If you are in an area of soft to moderately hard water, then you'll see improvement in three or four waterings.

If you're in a hard water area things might get a little worse and then you might have to look into a flush. The flush would have to be done with either distilled water or a mixture of distilled water and tap water.

J

Got it. And makes perfect sense.

Yes, in general I would say I have been getting about 15-20% runoff, all but except the watering on the 31st (2 gallons).

Appreciate your time and input!

I'll follow up with progress. Much appreciated!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eliezbon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-08-20), GEORGE (02-08-20), Jingo (02-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Thanks

So, past couple of waterings I noticed what looked like fungus gnats around the base of the plant. Today I saw some aphids along with the gnats. Looked them up, and pretty sure they are root aphids, and the "gnats" are their final stage. I ordered some Nematodes. Should be here in a couple of days, and hopefully kill all these little guys!

Last week I did end up grabbing calimagic and superthrive, with no clear indication things are getting better. But all makes sense now, assuming the root aphid infestation is whats going on. I should have a solid nutrient schedule when all is said and done though!

Thanks again.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eliezbon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (21-08-20), GEORGE (13-08-20), Jingo (13-08-20), Le chef (21-08-20)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast