Thread: Lighting needs for tent size questions

Thanks

Default Lighting needs for tent size questions

Hello, I was using a LUMii Solar 315w CDM Full Fixture Grow Light with 315w LUMii Solar CDM Grow Lamp, for a 1m. 1m. 2m grow tent. I needed a bigger tent so went for 1.5m 1.5m 2m. I am a novice so not sure about whether this light is enough really for the size. Would it do the job coz I really don’t want to put another i , but I do have another light thing which I could put inside if necessary!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (04-08-20), GEORGE (04-08-20), Mac (04-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

Really depends how many plants you wanna do. I've not used this light so don't know how many plants you can do under it, but if you're just getting a bigger tent and still growing the max number of plants under that light, then you won't need more light just to fill a bigger tent. Don't get me wrong, more light in your space is always gonna be a plus, but if, for example, the light grows 2 plants under it and you still only want to grow 2 plants, but want or need a bigger tent, you won't need another light just because the tent is bigger. But the light is gonna have further to travel and reflect back off the sides of the tent, which is something to consider

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (04-08-20), gardro (04-08-20), GEORGE (04-08-20), High Land Lad (07-08-20), Mac (04-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Really depends how many plants you wanna do. I've not used this light so don't know how many plants you can do under it, but if you're just getting a bigger tent and still growing the max number of plants under that light, then you won't need more light just to fill a bigger tent. Don't get me wrong, more light in your space is always gonna be a plus, but if, for example, the light grows 2 plants under it and you still only want to grow 2 plants, but want or need a bigger tent, you won't need another light just because the tent is bigger. But the light is gonna have further to travel and reflect back off the sides of the tent, which is something to consider
    There is 6, 2 of them are tall (topped them both)
    The other 4 slightly smaller. I guess two lights may be worth putting in since I have the other here.
    On a side note, I have been super paranoid that the slightly bigger tent is making it a bit noisier, shouldn’t do I know it is not logical. I have been worried the people above me are hearing the fan noise and the extractor noise too. I have even turned the fan off at night because of this.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Land Lad For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-08-20), GEORGE (07-08-20)