Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need some help and advice... again

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

Quote Originally Posted by MrCannab1sir View Post
    Tis the season for it apparently. My grooms hit 30c and 50% humidity, turned humidifier off but don't know if my filters playin up or if it's because of how muggy it is. Weather says 24c and 70% humidity outside. Not had much luck with filters though. I'll keep an eye on this one, hope it's not a total bin job man

If you are struggling with carbon filters I can't recommend Mountain Air enough. Certainly not cheap, but out perform and outlast the cheaper ones by a long way. They are rated to last 3 years, are good upto 85% humidity and are refillable if you have a pop rivet gun, so you only ever have to buy 1! That said... I actually have 2 of them

My 1st one is still going strong after 2 years, replaced it with an identical fresh one last month in the tent and use the old one in my smoke room for the smells When it dies I shall refill it and rotate them again. Wash rinse repeat ad infinitum.

I run 4" filters with 6" fans and ducts, mainly as the 4" filter is about £30 cheaper than the 6" and matched the CFM rating of the fan better Plastic Blauberg 6" to 4" reducer
    Last edited by Mac; 07-08-20 at 12:09 PM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-08-20), GEORGE (07-08-20), Jingo (07-08-20), MrC (07-08-20), WhIpLaSh (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

What shall I aim to get the RH of the tent to 40-50? Currently not good for the rest of the girls as the RH is 60. I've checked the last three plants for rot plenty of times can't seem to see anything just yet but doesn't mean there isn't. Dehumidifier Should arrive tomorrow and hopefully helps out big time. The biggest plant has a full side of the tent to its self now and it's much better, she's in the first picture. The two are abit further along but not looking their best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-08-20), GEORGE (07-08-20), Jingo (07-08-20), Mac (08-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,725 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

If you can get down to 40% without putting out too much heat then I'd say go for that. That's my most common relative flowering humidity when I grow indoors in my groom.

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (07-08-20), GEORGE (07-08-20), Mac (08-08-20), Stickysticky (08-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    If you can get down to 40% without putting out too much heat then I'd say go for that. That's my most common relative flowering humidity when I grow indoors in my groom.

J

Thank you, hoping it does a good job as I need it to.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), Dr Green (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Jingo (08-08-20), Mac (08-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    Yeaa that's is true I did add another two 12
    Inch fans to the collection a few weeks ago, don't even think I'll have room for anymore. I've got three 12
    Inch fans and a stand up fan laid horizontally. Think I'm going to have to hope dehumidifier does a good job. I kinda hope that that girl caught rot because she was furthest along, bunched together and she was a lot lower than the rest so might not have been catching much airflow at all. But that might not be the case. If all goes south least I have dehumidifier for future runs

A pro once told me... If rh is high eairly flower 3weeks ish this is when moisture can build up on the inside of the bud and won't show till late flower. Just to bear that in mind for future good luck buddy

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Jingo (09-08-20), Mac (08-08-20), MrC (08-08-20), Stickysticky (08-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grower1988 View Post
    A pro once told me... If rh is high eairly flower 3weeks ish this is when moisture can build up on the inside of the bud and won't show till late flower. Just to bear that in mind for future good luck buddy

I will do mate, I do suspect that some of the others may fall victim to some rot like. I'll just have to keep bloody checking them plenty and get that RH Down. I'm just hoping that the dehumidifier is big enough. I went with 12L per day but I guess it's better than nothing. Could be to late tho

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Grower88 (08-08-20), Jingo (09-08-20), Mac (08-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,940 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

I will do mate, I do suspect that some of the others may fall victim to some rot like. I'll just have to keep bloody checking them plenty and get that RH Down. I'm just hoping that the dehumidifier is big enough. I went with 12L per day but I guess it's better than nothing. Could be to late tho

Fingers are crossed for ya

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grower88 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (08-08-20), GEORGE (08-08-20), Jingo (09-08-20), Mac (08-08-20), Stickysticky (08-08-20)

Thanks

Morning talkers, so managed to get the dehumidifier in late last night. It seems to be doing half a job but I'll see how to goes today. Might need to try and reposition it I'll see. It seems to get the RH At the top of the tent down to 50 and the RH at the bottom of the tent down to 48. It's set at 40 and hasn't went below them numbers as of yet.

It says don't use in anything less and 4m2 and my tent is 2m2 but I'm sure it will be fine. I've have noticed the top layer of the medium in one of my pots has dried out fast. I think this is when dehumidifiers outtake is blowing across the medium. I'll see how it does today but all I know is without it the RH would be in the 60s so it is better than nothing. Hopefully managed to drop abit more today

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-08-20), GEORGE (09-08-20), Jingo (09-08-20), Mac (09-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

Morning talkers, so managed to get the dehumidifier in late last night. It seems to be doing half a job but I'll see how to goes today. Might need to try and reposition it I'll see. It seems to get the RH At the top of the tent down to 50 and the RH at the bottom of the tent down to 48. It's set at 40 and hasn't went below them numbers as of yet.

It says don't use in anything less and 4m2 and my tent is 2m2 but I'm sure it will be fine. I've have noticed the top layer of the medium in one of my pots has dried out fast. I think this is when dehumidifiers outtake is blowing across the medium. I'll see how it does today but all I know is without it the RH would be in the 60s so it is better than nothing. Hopefully managed to drop abit more today
    Passive airflow into the tent is enough to keep the dehu running so don't worry about the tent size, try and position your intake right next to the intake of the dehu.
    An old piece of 6" ducting thru a tent sock pointed directly at the dehu intake is how I have mine, stops it gasping (what I call it when the neg pressure is too much and the dehu starts and stops over and over as it can't pull enough air in ) and helps it get the % lower.

Closer to 40% is better but anything below 50% is a winner.

The other option, if viable, is to run it in the room the tent is in and run your tent extraction out of the room to keep the dehu efficient.

Oh and yes it will suck the water from your medium running one. I'm having a hell of a time keeping my actimel pot watered because of it

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (09-08-20), GEORGE (09-08-20), Jingo (09-08-20), Stickysticky (09-08-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Passive airflow into the tent is enough to keep the dehu running so don't worry about the tent size, try and position your intake right next to the intake of the dehu.
    An old piece of 6" ducting thru a tent sock pointed directly at the dehu intake is how I have mine, stops it gasping (what I call it when the neg pressure is too much and the dehu starts and stops over and over as it can't pull enough air in ) and helps it get the % lower.

Closer to 40% is better but anything below 50% is a winner.

The other option, if viable, is to run it in the room the tent is in and run your tent extraction out of the room to keep the dehu efficient.

Oh and yes it will suck the water from your medium running one. I'm having a hell of a time keeping my actimel pot watered because of it
    Thanks Mac mate, hopefully that bit of advice helps bring it down a touch more. It dropped slightly since I last posted, top was 49 and bottom was 44. I'm going to reposition it near the intake ducting in the inside of the tent and have the intake going in the dehumidifier like you said

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-20), Jingo (09-08-20), Mac (10-08-20)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast