Thread: novice grower 1st post

Thanks

Default novice grower 1st post

Hi All,

So I purchased 15 seeds via mail and germenated them in May. 14 made it. Those were planted in Solo cups and eventually moved outside.
    I live in New England and its legal here. The seeds were not femminized , so I didnt know how many were males.
    \
    4 of the 14 plants were put in 5 gallon fabric pots and the rest were planted in the ground after adjusting the soil. So far, I have discarded 1 male and it looks like I have 2 other males, but I want to be certain before I discard them. The one thing I notice about the males is their height. They are over 6' tall while the ones I think are female are 1-2 feet shorter.

The strain is Mango. My questions is " is it normal to take this long before you can ID male vs female" ? Daylight hours here are still 13+ hours, but all these preflower checks havent helped to identify the males.

Beyond that, all looks good. I'm down to 11 plants and will be at 9 assuming those two tall guys are in fact males. I'm just a little concerned that it's taking this long to identify male/female.

Thanks !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jelloman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Oh how I wish you would read the rules, this place would be great to help you grow out those plants! sadly if you start more than 10 plants and you document it on this forum you cannot be a member

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Amnesia auto (07-08-20), GEORGE (07-08-20), Greengrass (07-08-20), Le chef (07-08-20), Lowrollerbean (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20), scoot (08-08-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

3 minutes from posting, impressive that jingo old chap

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-20), Jingo (07-08-20), Lowrollerbean (08-08-20), Mac (09-08-20), scoot (08-08-20)

Thanks

Good luck I'm in the same boat, its all about learning!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-08-20)